By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo: "Only geeks want storage on the Wii"

"First Nintendo will not be concentrating any significant marketing spend on the service - journalists attending Nintendo's preview event were told that it was their job to spread the word about WiiWare titles via reviews and other coverage.
... when asked a pertinent question about the limited Wii system memory was raised, Laurent Fischer, managing director of marketing at NoE, easily slipped into talking about how "geeks and otaku" were the only people who want this issue addressed."

From Edge issue 190.

Nintendo are sounding just as arrogant as Sony ever was. Shows what first place does to you. 

Around the Network

He's from NoE, so no big surprise there.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

For at least the dozenth time: The opinions of Nintendo of Europe and Nintendo of America are not representative of Nintendo's actual opinions or decisions, which are all made by their Japanese staff, who've already said a storage solution is being made.

For the same reason that it's stupid to say a random forum moderator at Ubisoft represents their opinions, it's stupid to say that a PR guy at NOE represents Nintendo's opinions.

..................this is from a guy for Nintendo......of Europe. It wasn't from here in America or the mainstay of Japan so why do I care? It's just a storage solution, big whoop. It's not like he's dissing a large amount of gamers.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Yeah its not surprising that something like this is coming from someone at NOE. But if they keep ignoring all those problems with storage and stuff im gonna stop buying from VC and WW. I know that Nintendo won't give a shit about that but i'm not gonna start deleting and redownloading channels and VC/WW-Games, thats the most uncomfortable storage solution ever...

Around the Network

i think the japanese nintendo make the desicions

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

naznatips said:

For at least the dozenth time: The opinions of Nintendo of Europe and Nintendo of America are not representative of Nintendo's actual opinions or decisions, which are all made by their Japanese staff, who've already said a storage solution is being made.

For the same reason that it's stupid to say a random forum moderator at Ubisoft represents their opinions, it's stupid to say that a PR guy at NOE represents Nintendo's opinions.

He didn't say anything about not making a storage solution, he called you a geek for wanting one. If you feel the need to defend that quote then that's pretty hilarious.

Shameless said:
naznatips said:

He didn't say anything about not making a storage solution, he called you a geek for wanting one.

I can't say much about this Laurent Fischer guy specifically, but Nintendo of Europe in general are pretty incompetent. That's why I don't think we should care much about what they say.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

what?

and this is supposed to make me turn my back on nintendo???

The Big N in Japan is the one who makes the decisions, not
this guy...

nice try...

Proud member of the Fierce Fox Force.

"I strike spurs onto my Wii controller. And against Sony and MS I fling myself,
unvanquished and unyielding. 'O Wii!!!"

-The Nintendian Philosophy

They'll announce something, probably at E3.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089