By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I've tried all those power button tricks before I posted. I got it exchanged but they won't give me a blue ray replacement as I didn't buy that movie form them, so I said well send it off and get it take out.

Another thing I want to add is when they were testing it. The store PS3 when he went to turn it off he used the power button. My PS3 never turned off using the power button (even when holding down). I always had to use the remote control to power it off. I figured that is how they designed it for ease. But I guess the Power button was always screwed from the start.

I haven't had a chance to test the replacement as I am at uni studying for exams. So fingers crossed when I return tonight it will work.

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
I've tried all those power button tricks before I posted. I got it exchanged but they won't give me a blue ray replacement as I didn't buy that movie form them, so I said well send it off and get it take out.

Another thing I want to add is when they were testing it. The store PS3 when he went to turn it off he used the power button. My PS3 never turned off using the power button (even when holding down). I always had to use the remote control to power it off. I figured that is how they designed it for ease. But I guess the Power button was always screwed from the start.

I haven't had a chance to test the replacement as I am at uni studying for exams. So fingers crossed when I return tonight it will work.

if from day one your power button on console didn't work that's a sign of a lemon.good thing you got it exchanged.hope this works fine.and congrats on your new PS3,,,what games do you ahve now?don't forget to play uncharted man if you like action adventure game with a brilliant story(after MGS4 that is ;) )

P.S. always quit your games first ,,then turn your PS3 off,,,,don't turn off the PS3 in the middle of the game,,,cause 3 beeps with yeloow light  says that PS3 was accesing harddrive and you intrupted it.(it might even freeze in this process) 

There is no way to get a disc out of the drive if the unit or drive dies?
That blows. Should be like PC drives with the manual override.

I got gta4 US limited edition version since the Aus one is edited, so i would of been pulling the PS3 apart myself to get the damn disc out. However a BluRay movie I can wait for.

Getting MGS4 next week (which I will play the week after (since I got exams this week and next).

Lets have a moment of silence for this ps3, when is the funeral because i would like ot attaned so i can pay my repects

Around the Network

Your PS3 is not broken.  You changed the output cable on it on Friday to HDMI but did not change it in the settings.  You could have either hooked up your old connection and changed the settings and then switch to HDMI or held down the power button for ten seconds so that the PS3 autodetects the output.  I have gone through this three beeps thing before.  This is what it is.  There was nothing wrong with your PS3.

Damn, you have very bad luck, being one of the .00003% to have an issue don't tell very good thing about you :P

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

NJ5 said:
So the PS3 beeps three times when it dies? Three beeps of death anyone? ;)

It's just that since it doesn't happen with, say, a whopping 16% of PS3s, we don't really need a nickname for it.

I'd never heard of the beeping thing. 

The_God_of_War said:
That sucks, sorry to hear that! It seems the 40GB models are a lot less reliable than the 60GB models. Nice one, Sony.

How do the 80gb models fit in as far as reliability?

^Guy pissing on Microsoft Sign

UBISOFT BOYCOTT

http://forums.cnet.com/5208-10151_102-0.html?forumID=96&threadID=234413&messageID=2775485

"PS3 Reset not working?
by avid320 - 5/17/08 10:55 PM
In reply to: Video reset by ..ben

if you're like me and you keep getting the three beeps, and you're willing to BLINDLY change the settings manually then read on.

Turn on the PS3
choose your user name
press and hold LEFT to move to the end
press RIGHT once to land on the SETTINGS
press X to select SETTINGS
press UP once to land on SYSTEM UPDATE (DO NOT press x)
carefully press DOWN ten times to land on DISPLAY
press X to select DISPLAY
press X to select RESOLUTION
-for HDMI press X
-for AV MULTI press DOWN three times then press X
the screen will flicker and change to that setting
finally you can see the choices."