By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Conflict: Tenchu IV vs Ubisoft 大乱闘!

BengaBenga said:
HappySqurriel said:
Unfortunately, this means that there will be absolutely no marketing for this game and Ubisoft will use the "poor sales" (which probably surpass the sales of previous Tenchu titles) to justify not producing conventional games internally.

That's just stupid. Ubisoft wants to make as much money as it possibly can with Tenchu 4. You sound like Ubisoft actually wants it to fail.

If they advertise it like they did No More Heroes, it will fail. There were no TV ads for NMH. Print Ads and Web banner ads are a waste of money. 99% of the people that have game mag subscriptions and visit game websites already know about the game that is being advertised.

Around the Network

Too bad they will only be getting a penny out of it :P
I wont boycott this, because its not made by them, for instance RRR3 = never gonna buy it.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Love how all the Ubisoft boycotters are trying to make excuses to be able to get this game now haha. That's why you don't boycott, just get angry.

trestres said:
Too bad they will only be getting a penny out of it :P
I wont boycott this, because its not made by them, for instance RRR3 = never gonna buy it.

Er...

Yes they will.

Do you think publishers publish games for free?

You will give them a nice chunk of change when you buy this game.

@Zucas: Lol, the game isnt made by them, why would I boycott? I said, every game made by them won't interest me at all, be it Red steel 2, a spin off of PoP.

If they want sales, make quality. Most of the money goes to the devs anyways.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network
Zucas said:
Love how all the Ubisoft boycotters are trying to make excuses to be able to get this game now haha. That's why you don't boycott, just get angry.

Exactly.  If you really think Ubisoft will see no (or even very little) profits from this you have no idea what you are talking about.  They are paying for the localization, and they are publishing the game, so they are going to be taking a signifficant chunk of the overseas profits.

This is why boycotting something makes you look like a moron.

Yep. Actually publishers make the most money. They pay developers all they need to make the game. Costs, up front royalties, ect. Then the publisher exclusively makes all the money off sales to retailers.

This is why there are so many conflicts between publishers and developers. Up front its best for a developer of a game to immediately have a publisher tacked on because they'll get the most money out of it with less risk, but then they no longer have control over their project. While then the publisher takes the risk but ultimately gets control and a good chance of making it up in sales. But if a developer hangs onto the project as long as possible without a publisher, they have to pay for most of the costs but have complete control over their project.

trestres said:
@Zucas: Lol, the game isnt made by them, why would I boycott? I said, every game made by them won't interest me at all, be it Red steel 2, a spin off of PoP.

Wrong.

Publishers get a fair share of money from games. 

If you're going to boycott them, don't buy this game, the profits they make from this will probably go to Splinter Cell: Conviction or Haze 2

ubisoft will distribute tenchu 4, eh? Hmm. interesting..hosyou say "damage control" in french? =P

trestres said:

Then you might want to change your sig haha, cause that's a Ubisoft boycott.  Anything with them on it you must boycott.  You don't want to look like a hypocrite do you.  Should put Ubisoft development boycott or something like that.