By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Conflict: Tenchu IV vs Ubisoft 大乱闘!

A Ubisoft boycott was just meant to be games they developed. NMH and these games would be fine to buy.

"Oh, and because I'm not going to deprive myself of a good gaming experience based upon some misguided sense of purpose."

The purpose was that Ubisoft looked as though they were trying to deny good gaming experiences to Wii owners. It may not be the case, but that was what was setting so many off.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

Ok, let's be specific, they are boycotting ubisoft developed games.

Also I say we ask do a lobby for developers to only use Square, Capcom, Nintendo or Eidos to publish their games in the US.

I just played Draken Gard 2 and realized it was published by Ubisoft, wouldn't have bought it if it had said ubisoft on the cover instead of SquareEnix.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Unfortunately, this means that there will be absolutely no marketing for this game and Ubisoft will use the "poor sales" (which probably surpass the sales of previous Tenchu titles) to justify not producing conventional games internally.

I'd like to ask the American users: How much was No More Heroes advertised?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

HappySqurriel said:
Unfortunately, this means that there will be absolutely no marketing for this game and Ubisoft will use the "poor sales" (which probably surpass the sales of previous Tenchu titles) to justify not producing conventional games internally.

That's just stupid. Ubisoft wants to make as much money as it possibly can with Tenchu 4. You sound like Ubisoft actually wants it to fail.

Around the Network
BengaBenga said:
HappySqurriel said:

That's just stupid. Ubisoft wants to make as much money as it possibly can with Tenchu 4. You sound like Ubisoft actually wants it to fail.

I don't think Ubisoft wants it to fail, but I don't have faith that Ubisoft's management knows what it is doing ...

I work with about 5 people who you could consider "Core" gamers who also own a Wii, and when No More Heroes was released I was the only one who had a clue whatit was; beyond that I had to search for weeks to find a copy of the game in store and eventually gave up and ordered it online. I'm not saying Ubisoft needed to advertize the game on the scale of Assassin's Creed, but they should have done a decent enough job so that people were aware it existed and they should have pushed retailers to carry stock ...

i change the opininion about ubisoft

if ubi give japanese hardcore game to wii user i brougt those games.
i´m spanish and red steel it´s the only wii shotter with voices in spain. Please ubi translate this game.

Now ubi give me rune factory frontier

NJ5 said:
I'd like to ask the American users: How much was No More Heroes advertised?

It was not advertised at all.

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709

Zack & Wiki had more advertising than NMH, and thats a shame.

Yeah, that's pretty bad news for Tenchu as Ubisoft never pays for advertising their Wii action games. Well we can only hope...