By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Have you met anyone admitted to voting for Bush, twice?

@kow
No, I don't mean the secret ballot. I mean people who once were proud to announce their support of Bush to all comers who now won't even mention it around friends. I probably know way more than 5 people who voted both times for Bush, but most people don't talk politics. My circle of friends is pretty political, though, and I was referring to them(and some drinking acquaintances) only.
If it comes up in conversation amongst friends, it's admitting it publicly.

Around the Network

my mom and dad.

Owner Of: PS1 PS2 PS3 PSP NES GB GBA GC WII XBOX

my die hard republican neighbor did.

kingofwale said:
Starmistkarmic said:
I know 5 people who voted both times for Bush, but only 1 who will admit doing so publicly.

yeah, that's our voting system, anonymous votes. Why would anybody go admit who he/she voted for publicly???

I thought you lived in Canada. Did they vote for Bush up there?

Galaki said:

Just wondering.

Galaki, unforunately (I know this will be hard to understand) most of us have parents. About 1/3 of us have dads that are republican and mothers that do what what they're told. Another 1/3 have dads that smoke pot are Democratics and mothers who make fine MILFs. The there's the Independants who move in mysterious ways because of low prefontal cortex development the ever changing social and econominc tableau that they are presented with combined with their need to be smarter and cooler that the other two thirds.

Both my parents voted for Bush twice. I easily know 20 or 30 people by name that voted for Bush twice. I know where they live and had broken bread with them in their houses. I know where they keep most of the guns because there are guns in every one of their houses.

When you're in the military for 20 years and almost all of your extended family are military also it's very easy to find a person who voted for Bush twice.

Grey Acumen said:

I did, and considering the alternatives, I have no issues admitting it

Oh, no, wait, I wasn't old enough to vote him in the first tim, but I would have, had I been allowed to do so.

Bingo. Spot on. This is exactly what I would have typed if I hadn't found your post. :P My parents voted for Bush twice, as I wasn't old enough at the time. Honestly though, he was the best choice given to us IMO.

Around the Network

I did. Nobody better at the time to vote for. Gore and Kerry were both terrible choices. My biggest regret with Bush isn't the war in Iraq but that he failed to convince people to drill for oil in Alaska. Even now, it would take 5+ years of time to have a major benefit if they began drilling. It's a time consuming, slow process.

If we would have ok'd it in 2003 when he tried, we'd have $1.25/gallon prices right now. I own two oil wells in Oklahoma, but the reserves in Oklahoma and Texas are nothing compared to Alaska...but oh yeah, we have to protect the moose and ducks.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

koffieboon said:
Kasz216 said:
koffieboon said:
jlauro said:

I would have, but was out of state at the time of one of the elections and didn't fill out an absentee ballot.

Sorry, I just can't vote for a pro-abortion democrat. More innocent babies killed in a week than the entire situation in Iraq lasting several years. Have to keep things in perspective and look at the big picture.

There are other reasons too, but I figure that one is big enough that I don't want to get in a debate about other issues.

PS: I know that the likelyhood of the president significantly changing the number of abortions in the US, much less the world, is minimal. That said, there is no way I can support a democrat as president as long as it is part of the democratic platform.

Are you saying 100000s of abortions would take place in the US on a weekly basis when a democrat becomes president?

Less then 4,000 Americans have died in Iraq.  Which i'm assuming he means.  I mean it's been shown neither poltical party nor most americans actually give a damn about the iraqi citizens and are just looking out for number 1.

Someone claiming to look at the big picture and being very concerned with the unborn life should also be concerned about the death of people with a different nationality.

If you go by deaths all Civilians and troops in Iraq, then one day of abortions in the world is still larger then all the deaths in Iraq caused by the war there.  If you just focus on the US, one month of abortions in the US (instead of 1 week) is greater than all the casualties in Iraq.

So, even if you complain it's a month instead of a week, that still makes Iraq a fraction of the death caused by abortions.

jlauro said:

If you go by deaths all Civilians and troops in Iraq, then one day of abortions in the world is still larger then all the deaths in Iraq caused by the war there. If you just focus on the US, one month of abortions in the US (instead of 1 week) is greater than all the casualties in Iraq.

So, even if you complain it's a month instead of a week, that still makes Iraq a fraction of the death caused by abortions.

Are you making some type of moval equivalence claim? When you're comparing the body count vs the blob you're on the road to nowhere.

If I actually voted I would have.  I didn't vote because I just don't care that much and I'm in Texas, the republican will probably win here anyways.

nope i havent meet anyone

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"