By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New black Wii is coming out I heard

A nice Black colour. So we have the black PS3. The black XBox 360 120 GB Elite. Now soon a Black Nintendo Wii. The black colour looks better than the white and black looks trendy.

Around the Network

Wii's still impossible to find(1 1/2 years later).

Ebay will do me swell. Mom's and Dad's are desperate to get one. Still the hottest item on the market.

Nintendo still dominating

Me said:
as been stated if Memory did become available they're not just gonna say to the existing userbase and people like myself who were queueing on launch night "you need to buy again".

I disagree. In my opinion it's more like with iPods. You get a Nano 4GB and the next year they release an 8GB version. The old version is not useless, it's just holds less songs.

The 512MB Wii works, it's just a bit more pain if you get a lot of DL games.

This will hurt Nintendo in the long run. I do not think Nintendo will be that stupid at all. They are working on some storage solution (I pray they really are) and would not make a whole new Wii and have people like you and me be selling are Wii to buy the new one. Makes no sense and we will be loosing all the info on the Wii like the wiiwares, DL games and saved games data. This is a loose loose situation on both sides. They can make the Wii in other colors with the same hardrive, but make a solution for are problem now before you start making Wii with bigger harddrives as the solution. Just mean your to lazy to come up with a solution so you take the easy way out!  

pimpcoop said:
This will hurt Nintendo in the long run. I do not think Nintendo will be that stupid at all. They are working on some storage solution (I pray they really are) and would not make a whole new Wii and have people like you and me be selling them to buy the new one. Makes no sense

This wont hurt nintendo.

There are millions of people who would rather have a black one.

Black Wiimote and Nunchuck/Black Classic Controller(no more yellow analog nubs!) too.

White Wii's are wack IMO.

Just look at your Wii right now. Imagine it all shiny black, looking all bad ass and shit. lol

Around the Network

I would love a 5 color led option you could select from the Wii menu.

Like, Blue,Red,Green,Yellow,Purple.

Black Wii with purple led, COUNT ME IN.

does it run faster aswell? ..... hehe

If they release a black one I'll have to buy another one.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

There is another way to deal with storage issues on the Wii, I doubt Nintendo would go this route but I think it'd be very possible for them to do this.

Stream everything from the internet. They could allow us to backup all our save games this way as well. We'd download a "link" to the game we buy. Once we open the link on the channel menu it starts streaming the game. The system wouldn't require any external media and Nintendo would have 100% control over the content. Obviously this wouldn't work for people without internet or without reliable internet but it'd work for the vast majority of the people who buy games.

Nintendo will not up the storage space on new systems.  It wouldn't make any sense.  The new Sku is just a die shrink revision. 

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

I don't think Nintendo can even make enough of the White Wii consoles to satisfy demand! A new color seems unlikely for the forseeable future.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"