By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The official "I'm buying Civilization Revolution" Thread of Strategy

Just played the demo. Really great stuff. Its lots of fun and its a definite purchase for me now. Its massively dumbed down but its still great fun.

Around the Network

i couldn't install the demo for some reason so i guess im going to have to go off some impressions

BTW whens it getting released? Im guessing soon?

I'll more than likely be picking up the DS version.

I played the demo today, and I actually like a lot of the simplification they've done. I can tell you one thing I don't like, though, and that's the performance. There is absolutely no excuse for this game to be dropping frames all over the place. They did a piss poor job on the engine.

Around the Network

Is there a demo yet on XBL silver?

To be fair, Entroper (and I'm not trying to excuse that), but alot of demos of various games have been Beta builds, and not the final copies, and get a bit of optimization before they go gold.

Starcraft -

The issue with porting a game like Civilization is that the game is very keyboard, and requires a large number of key inputs for various actions (ie, worker commands). Because of that, consoles haven't received a Civ since Civ 2 on PS1.

But at any rate, it seems that CivRev nailed the UI perfectly, although it's not as complex as a "real" Civ. But I've heard that it's done alot of neat things with Nations having actual bonuses, and strategies vs. vanilla rulers.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

I played the demo 4 times over the weekend. This game is really addictive.
I've never played Civ before, and I love it!!!

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

I just found out it's coming out outside of America almost a month before I get to play it. I'm jealous ; ;

Only if the Wii version comes, which is up for grabs right now. Otherwise would really have no use for it. Might get the 360 version if a Wii version never comes for a cheap price later on.