By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The official "I'm buying Civilization Revolution" Thread of Strategy

*~Onna76~* said:
I've just played the PS3 demo a bit, is it just me or is the game insane boring. I love the art-style though.

It's not you, Civilization is one of the most boring game series ever made IMO.  You are very much either into it or not so Civ may simply not be for you.  I have two RL friends who love those games but I'd probably have more fun staring at a screen saver...

Around the Network

^ Sometimes it take me a little time to get used to a Civ game. Civ series isn't the best "pick up and play" type of games.

This game is a lot better than Civ4 quick mode since unlike Civ4, the rules and map sizes is designed for a faster game. Multiplayer will be Revolution strong point while civ4 is still king of "epic" solo games. Of course DS means you can now play civ anywhere.

Words Of Wisdom said:
*~Onna76~* said:
I've just played the PS3 demo a bit, is it just me or is the game insane boring. I love the art-style though.

It's not you, Civilization is one of the most boring game series ever made IMO.  You are very much either into it or not so Civ may simply not be for you.  I have two RL friends who love those games but I'd probably have more fun staring at a screen saver...

Ah thanks, too bad, I was hoping to add the game to my PS3 collection, but it looks like it won't.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

darthdevidem01 said:
I am VERY VERY HYPED!

the Pc veersion had me addicted till my computer kept crashing while playing it !"!

If you fall off the horse...

you get back on it! ;)

Tease.

I wanted to get the game, as I'm a huge Civ fan... until the Wii version was canceled. ("Indefinitely postponed", to use the proper marketing speak.) And I really can't justify the purchase of another console, or even a DS, to play one game.

I sincerely hope that Civ Revolutions manages to draw some new faces into the turn-based strategy genre, which isn't exactly seeing a lot of games these days. I'm a little concerned though that this game is a bit too simplified, and won't be balanced particularly well. Once the crack Civ players get their hands on the release game, we'll quickly find out.

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

Around the Network
starcraft said:
I thought Civ 4 came out 3 years ago? Why would it need to be dumbed down for a three year old console?

Why do you automatically think that we mean dumbed down graphics-wise?

We're talking dumbed down gameplay-wise

I've only played for a short while but so far it's like Civilization Lite with your advisors/others shown as Sims characters  (complete with emotions and wierd gestures). I need more time with it.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

I bet a lot of the gameplay dumbing-down is less audience-focused and more interface-focused. Most people don't have a keyboard and mouse for their 360 or PS3, so they're probably trying to reduce the number of inputs required to manage your empire. Civ already takes a LONG time to play with a keyboard and mouse.

I am interested in buying this for my PS3.But ,will have to check the demo first.

Addicted to the demo, became a first day purchase for me. Forgot how much I love Civ like games.