By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 10 Most overrated games of this decade

Can you please post the entire list in the first post so that we don't give that guy more free hits? Thanks.

Around the Network

that list is so wrong... SMG? Harvest Moon? black and white ?... only agreed with crazy taxi ... where is halo, Gta, and many others...??????????

We are Wii....Waiting for Pikmin 3! and Pikmin 2 NPC...

Playing:

- Donkey Kong Country Returns

- Minecraft!

-  Venezuela FTW!       

carbon isn't even that great of a game and most people aren't that hyped about it so why is it overrated? SMG is overrated but not that much? it is an incredibly fun game for all ages which is hard to do nowadays.

fazz said:
Can you please post the entire list in the first post so that we don't give that guy more free hits? Thanks.

Nah is too long. Besides, there's no big deal. This kind of lists are everywhere and the more we make fun of them the better ;) 

Halo series, GTA series, WarCraft series, Call of Duty series, Mario series, Zelda series, Half-Life series, Doom series, DMC series, Tekken series , Final Fantasy series,etc. All main stream popular game series are over rated.

Around the Network

Haha, I love this part of the SMG paragraph: "It’s not something I’m proud of, but it’s a sad day when the highest rated game of all time has earned its spot without any coherent narrative whatsoever. "

I think he's sort of missing the point of Mario and gaming in general.

Sims: "I was staring at a screen with nothing going on, and I had paid fifty dollars to do so. " Is he serious? I find it ironic that the fast forward button is present in the screenshot he inserted of the game.

More fanboy dribble, seriously some of these places need to get off their elitist high horses and give some respect to modern day gaming classics. From looking at the list they pretty much trash every gaming genre that are not FPS.

Remember your history or you are doomed to repeat it.

Viacom Boycott

For those who haven't seen the list (and won't bother giving the creator more page views, I salute you!)...

10. Black and White
9. Dead or Alive
8. The Getaway
7. Crazy Taxi
6. Harvest Moon
5. Fable
4. Need For Speed Carbon/Prostreet
3. The Sims
2. Nintendogs
1. Super Mario Galaxy

Argh, that list was terrible piece of shit.

He basically jumped on Harvest Moon (a great series), The Sims (not my type of game but I can see why its so good) and Nintendogs (never played it but I understand why its so successful) because he had no fucking idea that people like to play games that don't involve shooting aliens. (Who wants to carry out menial tasks on a farm? Me. Thats who.)

He ripped on Mario for not containing a storyline - since when has Mario contained a story line? Only the Paper Mario and Mario RPG have contained stories.

Fable is not one of the most detested games ever - it was overhyped but its still generally recognized as a solid, but not brilliant, game.

Well, according to GameRankings, Super Mario Galaxy is the 2nd best game of all time.

I think that could warrant an addition to the list. That story excuse is pretty damn lame though.