By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - After itagaki's resiging to Tecmo Which company do u think Itagaki join to?

Oh come on let's get real. A man leaves a publisher because he got tired of a publisher controlling him and not living up to their word. It's the same old cliche story we've always heard. What does a big name dev usually do after that? He creates his own little developing place.

Around the Network
Zucas said:
Oh come on let's get real. A man leaves a publisher because he got tired of a publisher controlling him and not living up to their word. It's the same old cliche story we've always heard. What does a big name dev usually do after that? He creates his own little developing place.

And after that makes games for DS/Wii.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

^which i would really appreciate

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Microsoft Japan or Mistwalker or Namco Bandai or Tri-Ace

I think he will joining Microsoft in the future.

Around the Network

Konami should hire him. Switching from Dead or Alive to Rumble Roses should be a fairly painless transition. =P

Obviously he will go to the wii. This was hinted at almost a year ago that he wanted to develop for wii, and now is his chance.

http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2007/08/02/itagakis-kids-want-a-wii-game/

He knows there is little future for the Xbox 360 in Japan.  If he wanted to continue on the 360, he would not of resigned.

He was (is?) also helping with Fatal Frame IV, a Wii game... He has worked on Ninja Gaiden for DS, and he said he likes the Wii.

I'd say he'll either go 360, Wii, or both.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

I recall Itagaki being involved with Fatal Frame 4... Oh wait, that's being developed by Tecmo isn't it?!...

Hmmm, hope he goes to Nintendo and gets a crew of like ~30-50 to start his own franchise or something. Sort of 2nd party.

Otherwise, I think he'll be starting up his own independant studio which will feature a few people from Tecmo (who will follow him and resign from Tecmo). I guess that he'll be developing for Wii/X360 then, and maybe a DS side-project.

Why X360 and not PS3?! They guy made DoA4 and NG2 for 360. He's got experience with that system. Wii, obvious... DS, also obvious. 

THE NETHERLANDS

What company is gonna hire a guy that is suing his former employer?

I think the guy is over-rated, One person does not make games these days, he just a figure head that the gaming media latched onto.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-