By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - which Hack&Slash game will be the first AAA title this year?

DMeisterJ said:
God of War III or Heavenly Sword.

Heavenly Sword's major gripe was the fact that it was so damn short.

But God of War is a shoo-in... Every game is always rated very high (> 90) so it shouldn't be a problem.

well ninja gaiden was always above 90 but see what happened to NGII.I m just saying judging based on pervios installment isn't a sure thing 

Around the Network

only GOW 3 has a chance.....actually almost definetely..

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

god of war 3 and boyonetta are the only ones that could be AAA, i thought too human was rpg but if its hack and slash it has good chance too

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

ready at dawn on HS2? that's something I'll look out for, though I think they have only made portable games

SpartanFX said:
am I missing any upcoming wii hack&slash game?

The only Hack&Slash game I know coming from Wii is Soul calibur Legend, and trust me, we all want to forget about that one. ;)

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

Just shows how flawed the rating system is. Ninja Gaiden 2 is better than Sigma...

No More Heroes at 83%? The game is A, A, A swipe...over and over.

For me(huge fan of hack and slash games) the hack and slash event of the year is ninja gaiden 2 and sigma. Dmc4 was great fun too... Who knows what it will take for critics to get off their high horse and give a game a AAA certificate.

One thing is certain however...Golden Axe will suck

i'm thinking mad world for the wii. looks very promising, methinks you should add it to your list.

nintendo and sega fan since i was old enough to hold a game controller.

note: my games collection on my profile is only 20ish% complete, i've got a boatload of 360,saturn and dreamcast games to add and a few ps3 games, thanks :)

AAA means a blockbuster game with high production values, it doesn't mean anything about ratings... Why redefine terms?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

I'm saying... none will reach 90% ratings.

Gameplay is too repetitive for it to not lose points. Not to mention hack and slash games almost universaly have crappy stories.

@Kasz216

EVERY SINGLE GOW has rating above 90

http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/itemsearch.asp

I don't believe people are ignoring this fact

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey