By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - which Hack&Slash game will be the first AAA title this year?

EDIT:title should say this generation ,,,,,,so which one is the first AAA this generation..

By AAA i mean 90+ average score,,,,

here are the list of the hack&slash games (some of them are already reviewd ,,scores are from gamerankings.com)

(games that are likely to come out by end of 09)

Heavenly sword:(81%)

Ninja gaiden sigma:(87%)

ninja gaiden II: (82.5%)

No More Heroes:(83%)

Devil may cry 4:(84%)

God of war III

Heavenly sword 2(Rumored)

Madworld

Bayonetta

Too Human

Golden axe:dragon rider

so which one you think has the potential to become the first this gen?

P.S. If i have missed something let me know,so that I add it

Around the Network

The rest games are coming only in 2009.
GoW3 has a good chances, but it have to meet high expectations, so it will be hard. =)
HS2? who knows..

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Gotta be something on the exclusive 360 side. Is Too Human classified as a Hack and Slash? Or perhaps it was something else, I can't remember.

God of war III will be triple aaa. Are they even making a Heavenly Sword sequel?

@torillian I thought that's RPG ratehr than action hack/slash?am I wrong?

360 guys let me know what I m missing from 360 line up.(possible release by end of 2009)

Around the Network
Papa Rokks said:
God of war III will be triple aaa. Are they even making a Heavenly Sword sequel?

there are strong rumors suggesting ready at dawn is developing heveanly sword 2.

hack&slash games don't get "AAA" ratings, reviewers think they are too much a "button mashing". I believe any review higher than 85 for this genre should be considered "AAA"

For any games capable of breaking 90, it's probably only GOW3

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Isn't Too Human a Hack&Slash game?

am I missing any upcoming wii hack&slash game?

God of War III or Heavenly Sword.

Heavenly Sword's major gripe was the fact that it was so damn short.

But God of War is a shoo-in... Every game is always rated very high (> 90) so it shouldn't be a problem.