By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - now PS3 is picking up speed how will MS resond?

colonelstubbs said:
Everstar said:
X360 has a ton of games comming out for it later this year MGS4 is not going to hurt them that bad i mean 360 outsold Ps3 in the Us by about 20k and its almost the MGS4 lanuch and the 360 has nothing comming out atm lol

The PS3 has dropped off in the US because people are waiting for the glorious approaching bundle. Please take the time to think through your responses before posting such drivel

You seriously overestimate general awareness of bundles and their effect on sales.  Yeah, bundles drive sales to an extent, but they usually don't lessen demand before release.

Just look at GTA. 

Around the Network

PS3 has loads of great games to come this year and next, as for sales impact, i think PS3 will come second to the Wii in japan and others, but the 360 will beat it in the US, they will both sell 40m+ lifetime.

i think microsoft needs to drop 360's price in america

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

brute said:

They need that to regain back their lost sales to Wii and PS3...

Me said:

I personally feel with the upcoming launch of the 80GB MGS4 and jems like LBP up and coming I think the PS3 is gonna move into the next gear from MGS4 launch. There's no way that MS will just sit back and I think as they seemed to try the PS2's model in getting out before the competition this gen and establishing a name for yourself in software side I can see them launching a new redesigned sleeker slimline model to coincide for GOW2 release.

Can you see this happening, do you think they'll cut prices in America or do you think they'll continue to be okay?

While taking a piss this morning, I actually had quite a different feeling. I felt relieved.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network

I would say that the PS3 has been losing speed. The gap between the Xbox360 and the PS3 is shrinking, not growing and has been that way for weeks.

Tease.

@Squilliam: He is saying he FEELS that it MIGHT eventually, with the upcoming games, potentially, totally destroy the X360. Maybe. As an assumption. Cause his right knee is itching again.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

MS will ride it out. MGS 4 will move quite a lot of PS3's in US and Europe and reduce the gap between PS3 and 360. MS will just watch and wait before a price cut at start of November.

Gears of War 2 will be out around 23rd November two years after Gears of War was released on the 360. Gears of War 2 will sell a lot of software and move 360's during November and December especially in the US.

US are mad about shooter games: Gears of War, Halo 3, COD 4 and countless other shooters have sold huge numbers in America.

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts, Too Human and Fable 2 are  due out in fourth quarter 2008.

Resistance 2 on PS3 will be launched around the same time of Gears of War 2 in November. PS3 also has LBP, Socom:Confrontation, White Knight Story and War Devil coming out in fourth quarter 2008.

Second half of the year especially the fourth quarter of 2008 and will see the best games released on both the PS3 and 360. 

I'll be so bold as to say that console sales are not about games (X360 had a much better first year software-wise then the Wii yet the little white box still trounced MS' console) or price (Wii still beating the Xbox360 here in Europe, despite the fact that the Wii costs €249 and the Xbox arcade €199).

What MS should do to make the X360 more attractive to the PS3 is what it adds in value compared to the other system. This is not the capabilities of software or hardware for that matter, but what it adds in you're living room. MS should market the superioritity of online play over the PS3 for instance (someone mentioned he merely got an 360 to play online poker). Or does anyone remember the "show off amazing video game skills" thread where there was a link of a guy playing "through the fire and flames" on expert on his 360 with his friends cheering him on. That would make me want to buy an X360, not a static poster or an (television)add for Fable 2.

Dropping the price on a console will not help you in the long run as a company, as long as people don't see why they need to play you're console.

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

eliasg said:
brute said:

They need that to regain back their lost sales to Wii and PS3...

i think the price cut will mostly steal ps3 sales not wiis

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"