By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What would a metroid game be like with the addition of physical attacks.

Like maybe samus could push things off her, or hit them if they are close. I always get annoyed by this when things like metroids are very close, but all you could do is shoot them. Especially if you don't have an ice beam to stop them. It doesn't have to be much, but a good push or her hitting them would be nice. I think it works best in the 3d metroids though and should be kept out of 2d metoirds. Opinions?

Around the Network

I don't really see what valuable gameplay elements it would add.  It's like asking why don't we give Samus a 9 foot katana to attack with in her left hand?  Sure you could do it, but why?

I think i would prefer that to be handled by a "system shock." So that if something grabbed onto her she could just charge the suit and make them regret they ever touched her.

Of course, the system shock would cause her visor to go all wonky....and that always equals win in my book.

super_etecoon said:
I think i would prefer that to be handled by a "system shock." So that if something grabbed onto her she could just charge the suit and mke them regert they ever touched her.

Of course, the system shock would cause her visor to go all wonky....and that always equals win in my book.

That's a good idea.

@ Wow, well it could work for more closed spaces where  a physical attack is more pratical than a projectile one.  Also it could be one of a many little things that are added to each metroid game that makes them worth getting. For example the mothion gestures, controls, and controlling your ship options made metroid prime 3 seem pretty new and fun.  I could also see some good implements of the wiimote for this. 

Who else thinks that this time you control here space ship when moving between planets similarly to controlling the seaship in windwaker. It will allow for more adventure  in the game. Online could and local multiplayer could add alot too if the maps are as big as metroid worlds.  Imagine playing against somebody else in chozo ruins, or norion, or bryo. How big the worlds are. I just hope a game with online and multiplayer won't focus on it like hunters did, and then ditch the single player. 

super_etecoon said:
I think i would prefer that to be handled by a "system shock." So that if something grabbed onto her she could just charge the suit and make them regret they ever touched her.

Or going into morph ball and blast a bomb?

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network

i like to think that all of her attacks can be used as part of a puzzle or part of the exploration, so unless they come up with a good use for it outside of just attacking, i'd rather it be left out personally

It would stink. She has a Nova Beam mounted on her arm. Enough said. What do you want? Button pressing counter moves like Resident Evil 4? No. The Metroid games are fine like they are. Some people want them to go back to a 2D format. Let's alienate those people buy having her punch people in the face.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

bdbdbd said:
super_etecoon said:

Or going into morph ball and blast a bomb?

"Oh wow, she turned into a ball and got away.  Hmm, what's this little thing down here.  There's something written on it, super bo..." 

It does have physical attacks.

Whenever most of those creatures touch you, you get hurt.

amp316 said:
It would stink. She has a Nova Beam mounted on her arm. Enough said. What do you want? Button pressing counter moves like Resident Evil 4? No. The Metroid games are fine like they are. Some people want them to go back to a 2D format. Let's alienate those people buy having her punch people in the face.

I didn't mean anything too complicated.  Lol, I am also one of those people who want a 2d metroid, but that would be better on ds or wiiware. I'm talking about the next console metroid.