By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The whining about installations is unnecessary....

Consoles are supposedly pop-and-play. Until PS3 comes around and make it a PC...

Around the Network

I wouldn't have a problems with installations, if you have the space. I'm sure PS3 owners that have the 20gb HD are not very happy.

I like PS3 instalations...makes me feel like my gaming system is getting ready to deliver something amazing... :)

Too bad what it delivers is only as good as 360 most of the time...if not worse.

disolitude said:
Too bad what it delivers is only as good as 360 most of the time...if not worse.

LOL. You're just asking for it. 

It's the same as Wii's space problem, you can delete the game if you don't intend on playing it for a while and then re-download it or move it to an SD card.

But we SHOULD whine, these things should have been sorted out from the beginning. Why do I have to do all this hassle and not the developers (by not requiring installs) or Nintendo (by releasing the HDD already)?

Around the Network

Guys I only tried to give some advice I didn't ask for Nintendo nor 360 fans to go around flaming here

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

These installations shouldn´t be mandatory at all, only optional.

Console were made for ->
plug and play.

IF uncharted can have NO installs and NO downloadings, then WHY other games can`t?
Games with installs should be boycot, unless these games are masterpiece like MGS4, FFXIII, GT5 or LBP, where installing is accepable thing.

Though, on x360 you have to DEAL with NOISE of dvd-rom. And that SUX too.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

*~Onna76~* said:
Guys I only tried to give some advice I didn't ask for Nintendo nor 360 fans to go around flaming here

Since you decided to tell people not to whine about it, you deserved to hear the reason for the complaints.  I have a PS3 and think installs are a pretty crappy inclusion to a console.

I give that post a 9.1.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

I think it is an issue.
Uncharted does need a small upgrade the first time you put it in (only a few moments) but otherwise it proves that this whole installation thing is not necessarily to to Bluray stuff.
I think everyone has the right and should whine about installation times when uncharted and Call of Duty (if I remember) did not require one. Can you delete them? Of course you can. Does that make them convenient. No.