By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ok so I'm officially dissapointed in Brawl.

500h's that's it?

Oh come now, that's pathetic, let's see... initial release + 16 hours a day 6 days a week every summer for the last 4 years and winters with new entries and random times, aww hell over 5000 hours XD, actually I believe the game just tells me, I'll add up my memory cards.

But it's over 3000 hours on one of the cards I remember we were saying wow to it.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network

LOL nononon don't get me wrong guys, I didn't play it at home :P I was an acquaintances house with my ex girlfriend and they had brawl there :P

I am DEFINITELY being nit-picky, I can see WHY this game is better than melee, like I mentioned more characters, better stages, and I really dig that theres online play. I'm just disappointed on how the game PLAYS. I really dig some of the features, I'm not sure I can really take getting that much slower :( At least with the bump from 64 to melee, the characters GOT MOVES, and the game played alot more fluidly. This one is the opposite, they took moves away and the game feels much chuggier.

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

You hate sounding like a fanboy? Well you know, having only games for Sony consoles on your collection doesn't helps a lot with that hehe

Yeah, the game is VERY different from Melee. I'm a huge Melee fanboy too, clocking over 1000 hours on it, but I still love Brawl. You can get used to it... unless you just suck haha.

@dib8 I have no idea how much time was put on the card by myself alone :P I was only really hardcore into it for about a year, but I've played melee many many a times since and it's been at numerous parties and such lol. I can't put a definitive amount of time I've spent :P I just through out a figurative number to signify "very accustomed to smash brothers." So whatever that number is, just assume thats what I meant LOL

Brawls cool but seeing it only makes me want to play Melee on my GC , i don't think it justifies a purchase.

Around the Network

@Fazz, I want to get used to it :P and I "like" what they're doing, it's just not as much fun as melee to me :( My friend and I used to have absolutely INSANE matches between my fox and his Captain Falcon, my stupid throw/gimp kick/aerial combo's vs. his stupid "The Knee" as he so blatantly calls it XD He would be able to fly across the stage at absolutely stupid speeds and hit people with that stupid knee all the time :P (of course I raped him when he tried it on me ;) ) but with brawl that feels COMPLETELY out of the question, I can see him coming from what feels like MILES away xD I'm just going to have to adapt to a whole new set of characters and possibly play as someone else :(

With fox I felt like I got a MASSIVE upgraded from 64 to Melee, both of which I played religiously :P Now he doesn't seem to play anything like he used to XD

[edit] oh and the last Non sony console I've personally owned was an N64 XD Hence the game collection ^^; 

Why you don't try the new characters? Pit is a great one, Snake too, R.O.B. too, Olimar too. They allow for many "bastard" techniques.

@Talon, is it really that hard to believe? LOL I've had a Wii at my house not hooked up for about 2 and a half months, plus the guy who's lending it to us doesn't own Brawl, just galaxy and a lost copy of Wii sports lol.

fazz said:
Why you don't try the new characters? Pit is a great one, Snake too, R.O.B. too, Olimar too. They allow for many "bastard" techniques.

I was thinking MAYBE olimar, those stupid pikmin are awesome :P and none of my friends like him >_> so that adds to humiliation lol. I'm just so pissed my old ones feel suckier ;/ 

Before you play Brawl you have to know it's not Melee, then you can get into it, if you think it's melee it will take you about 3 weeks to get used to it, but you'll never be as understanding of it's mechanics as you were melee until you can accept that it isn't melee.

I was just trying to say my smash ego is biger than yours nothing more nothing less.

XD Melee is fun, I'd love to play brawl online, and heres some flame food for you, the online is laggy as hell for me... well not laggy as hell more as theirs a fraction of a second delay from time to time and it happens at the worst times.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D