By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Very unlikely that Obama is the antichrist.

However, it's very likely that he could lead America down a path of being intergrated into one of the major players for the anti-Christ.

Many Christians involved in end-times prophecy have proposed 3 major ways America would go in it's dealings with the Anti-Christ:

1) Join in with him (seemed unlikely until Obama's candidacy and major shift to the Dems in America)
2) Get nuked off the face of the planet (likely under Bush, less so now) and become an irrelevant player in world affairs, or do such in defense of Israel
3) Have an epic meltdown such as an Economic crisis, or major terrorist attack that cripples America, in how it could deal with an end-time scenario.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

I need proof..... And even so I won't believe it.

4 ≈ One

Part of all this prophecy talk (and what makes some Christians talk about it seemingly without fear) is the nonbiblical notion of the Rapture.  There is no place, not one in the bible that speaks that Christians will be taken up into the clouds and prevented from experiencing the tribulation.  I don't capitalize tribulation because even though it is in Revelations it actually speaks about the coming "end of the age" for Jews around 70 AD.  In other words, Revelations already happened.  I wouldn't worry about Obama. 

What frustrates me is the ease with which some Christians discuss the end of the world as if its a "good" thing.  Again I think that all goes back to the false idea that they would not have to participate in the hard parts.

I voted for McCain, but I think Obama will do fine.

MrBubbles said:

as requested............

Determining these things can be hard. I saw connections between end times prophecies and the worlds current state. i looked at timing, as it should be a leader coming to power soon and not already in power. what first brought me to obama was his connection with the Whore. The gigantic following all over the world caught my attention as well...especially within muslim world (as i believe the antichrist is connected with the muslim "messiah" and since obama is a muslim). comments from people like "hope of the entire world" "called by god" etc. people cheer when he blows his nose ffs. they treat him like the messiah and for absolutely no reason. he rarely even says anything of substance and yet people worship this guy. he had his gay lovers murdered. he is a communist. and he hates the US.
there is only so much evidence that can be seen before his election, of course. so yes, contrary to some of my other posts i actually think obama will be elected. But to merely accept evil would be entirely wrong. i had included a fair amount more originally...but i thought it might be considered too offensive, so ive taken a lot out. And ive made it scripture free. from what i see, obama is the most likely candidate for being the antichrist.

The 27 Characteristics of the AntiChrist
Know how to recognize the beast and not be swayed into believing that someone is the AntiChrist who doesn't match the biblical characteristics.

1. He comes from among ten kings in the restored Roman Empire; his authority will have similarities to the ancient Babylonians, Persians, and Greeks [Daniel 7:24; Rev 13:2 / Daniel 7:7]

2. He will subdue three kings [Daniel 7:8, 24]

3. He is different from the other kings [Daniel 7:24]

4. He will rise from obscurity…a “little horn” [Daniel 7:8]

5. He will speak boastfully [Daniel 7:8; Rev 13:5]

6. He will blaspheme God, [Daniel 7:25; 11:36; Rev 13:5] slandering His Name, dwelling place, and departed Christians and Old Testament saints [Rev 13:6]

7. He will oppress the saints and be successful for 3 ½ years [Daniel 7:25; Rev 13:7]

8. He will try to change the calendar, perhaps to define a new era, related to himself [Daniel 7:25]

9. He will try to change the laws, perhaps to gain an advantage for his new kingdom and era
[Dan 7:25]

10. He will not be succeeded by another earthly ruler, but by Christ [Daniel 7:26-27]

11. He will confirm a covenant with “many”, i.e. the Jewish people [Daniel 9:27]
This covenant will likely involve the establishment of a Jewish Temple in Jerusalem
[see Dan 9:27; Matt 24:15]

12. He will put an end to Jewish sacrifice and offerings after 3 ½ years and will set up an abomination to God in the Temple [Daniel 9:27, Matthew 24:15]

13. He will not answer to a higher earthly authority; “He will do as he pleases”[Daniel 11:36]

14. He will show no regard for the religion of his ancestors [Daniel 11:37]

15. He will not believe in any god at all [except for himself] [Daniel 11:37]

16. He will have "no regard for the desire of women": He will either be asexual or homosexual
[Dan 11:37]

17. He will claim to be greater than any god [Daniel 11:37; 2 Thess 2:4]

18. He will claim to be God [2 Thessalonians 2:4]

19. He will only honor a “god” of the military. His whole focus and attention will be on his military. He will conquer lands and distribute them [Daniel 11:39-44]

20. His arrival on the world scene will be accompanied by miracles, signs and wonders [2 Thess 2:9]

21. Either he, or his companion [The False Prophet], will claim to be Christ [Matt 24:21-28]

22. He will claim that Jesus did not come in the flesh, or that Jesus did not rise bodily from the grave
[2 John 7]. He will deny that Jesus is the Messiah [I John 2:22]

23. He will be worshipped by many people [Rev. 13:8]

24. He will hate a nation that initially will have some control over his kingdom, but he will destroy this nation [Rev 17:16-18]

25. He will appear to survive a fatal injury [Rev. 13:3; 17:8]

26. His name will be related to the number six hundred and sixty six—but not necessarily in an obvious fashion [Rev 13:17-18].

27. He will be empowered by the devil himself [Rev. 13:2]

Source: http://www.eadshome.com/antichrist.htm

I thought this guy was the anti-christ?

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network

i dont get it madskillz...are you trying to support me? i thought you were an obama fan?

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

MrBubbles said:
i dont get it madskillz...are you trying to support me? i thought you were an obama fan?

I was adding facts to both antichrist threads, that's all. Didn't call you out, Mr. Bubbly.

Wrong. I believe Iranian Prime Minister Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is the anti-christ.

Wait that can not be right. The previous two anti-christs: Napoleon and Hitler were both from Europe. The third anti-christ will be a leader of a European nation.

People know that most of the predictions within Revelations were supposed to happen within 50 years of when it was written right, so even if there was a possibilty of their being an Antichrist he probably would have showed up by now.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

@ numonex Yeah, he will come out of the new Holy Roman Empire --the EU. Anyway since I have the time, the symbolism in the Book of Revelation is pretty self explanatory if u look closely and have an ear to hear. The horses are not horses-they are spirits that are in this world. Red is communism, black is capitalism, white is Catholicism, pale is Death. Also, the Bear is Russia, the Dragon is China, the eagle is the US, and the lion is the UK. If you read closely you will find that the eagle broke off of the lion beast (1776 and the Revolution) and at the end all 4 will be joined together (world gov't under 10 sub-sections or as the Bible refers to it as "kingdoms."

endtime.com is a great source on this line of thinking.