By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I finally did it! I got a Wii! Some questions!

I finally bought a Wii, now I'm a proud owner of a PS3 and a Wii!!

I got the Wii with the component cable, RE4 and Zack and Wiki. I'll get at least 3 more games next month (thinking about Zelda, Smash and Mario Kart).

I have some questions about setting the Wii.

First: How do you get it to display in 16:9? I click the option and it's still 4:3, do you have to use the TV set ups?

Second: My Wii doesn't want to get online! I use a wireless connection, and my Wii (I love to say "my Wii") recognizes it but doesn't get online! All I get are error codes, one about another thing using the same IP, how do I fix it? I tried to set it manually and finally got online, updated the firmware but it doesn't enter the Wii Shop Channel or the other ones that use the internet!

Third: Where can I see my Wii Friend Code??

That's all for now, I wanna feel welcomed to the Wii family! 

Around the Network

YOu must buy Super Mario Galaxy!

as for your questions....my TV adjusts the ratio automatically

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Your Wii Code is on the message board just go to your list of friends and it will be on the top.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

congratz and what about galaxy!?

darthdevidem01 said:
YOu must buy Super Mario Galaxy!

as for your questions....my TV adjusts the ratio automatically

Well the PS3 adjusted the screen size automatically and I use a HDMI cable with it.

Don't know why it doesn't happen with the Wii... 

Around the Network

Choosing the widescreen settings did it just fine for me. And how many times have you tried going online?? Ninty's servers could have been slow and/or timing out... which has happened to me a few times.

As for games, id say Prime 3, The godfather-Blackhand edition, No More Heroes(This game totally owns) and Medal of Honor- heroes as all use the controls beautifully.

And go to the message board(the icon in the bottom right corner), open your address book and your Wii number is on the front page.

F@ck Ubisoft and their commitment to Wii shovelware.

I will buy Galaxy for sure! But I want to play Zelda and MGS4 first! Then I'll go for Galaxy and Metroid!

First game you need to play is Super Mario Galaxy.

Ok....cool.

what about Brawl?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Like others said get Galaxy too, don't know why your tv isn't adjusting it to wide screen, are you sure you switched the settings correctly.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089