By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How many 360 will be sold during Ninja Gaiden 2 release???

Even with competitive prices (cheaper than a Wii in some regions) and some good game releases the 360 has lost all momentum and just isn't getting any traction.

No game release can reverse this. The game itself will probably sell fairly well to the good sized customer base but anyone counting on a serious hardware increase is going to be very disappointed. 20K or less.

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
@NJ5

seriously did you not READ what I said after that...

if INNOVATION or HUGE REFINEMENT is present I will love the game

So I guess you'll be buying a 360 for Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts along with Mass Effect's dialogue system huh?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

haha no way it would :P
ninja gaiden doesnt sell much
and even if it did.. it wont really raise the 360 sales

Kind of off-topic, but did anybody see this? I thought it was interesting:

http://kotaku.com/5013233/after-itagaki-announcement-tecmo-stock-price-drops

After Itagaki announcement, Tecmo Stock drops:

On June 3rd 2008 2:30PM Japan Standard Time, Tomonobu Itagaki announced that he was leaving Tecmo and also suing the company for unpaid bonuses. He cited an unfulfilled Dead or Alive 4 completion bonus, stating, "President Yoshimi Yasuda chose not only to violate this agreement, but also turned defiant, telling me 'if you are dissatisfied with the decision not to pay the bonuses, either quit the company or sue it.'" How did that effect the company stock price? The following day, the price of Tecmo stock suddenly dropped 10.16 percent in Japan. Think of it as a shuriken to the market cap.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

I don't get it, why do people keep thinking that NG2 will move consoles?

Would YOU time your purchase of a X360 for a game release like NG2?

I'm not talking Japan here, they might see a small hardware boost due to extensive marketing or bundles, I do not know. But in the west, no.

It's a freaking Hack'n slash game that got mediocre reviews (83% on Gamerankings)!

I can't recall any talks about Devil May Cry 4 moving any HW (and it didn't).

Around the Network

Guys... this game may not move consoles. But almost everyone on my freinds list was playing it yesterday. There was 8 people online and 8 people were playing ninja gaiden 2. Yes I have a small freinds list(25 people maybe)... :)

I'm willing to think 200K of this game will be sold in NA with another 150 in Japan and EU combined.

It sold 20k first day in Japan.   http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=28793

NJ5 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@NJ5

seriously did you not READ what I said after that...

if INNOVATION or HUGE REFINEMENT is present I will love the game

SMG had HUGE refinement....it had little innovations that made you go WOW!

hence the story could be discounted..& the story itself was't all that crappy

What game had you played before Ninja Gaiden Sigma which contained a combat system as good as that? Unless you had played Ninja Gaiden or Ninja Gaiden Black, I don't see what's your point (and it's pretty clear you hadn't).

Most people who play this game do so for the unique and refined gameplay. If you need story or other lateral stuff, it just means you don't enjoy the gameplay enough. That's fine, it's just a matter of personal taste.

Your forgot about the jiggle factor on the female characters of course some of these guys get would thinking about peach and mario so I dont know if that matters either?

Slimebeast is right. If someone were a fan of the first game, chances are they've already purchased a 360. Poorer reviews than the 1st game might dissuade any potential fence-sitters. I say maybe a 10 to 20k boost WW at most. 160k HW sold next week. The game should sell 400k or at least I hope it does.

I uploaded another high score and the list is now at 46,000. So unless there are multiple profiles on a single box, that makes at least 46,000 sold. It is moving along. I was sitting about halfway up in terms of karma.