By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How many 360 will be sold during Ninja Gaiden 2 release???

JaggedSac said:
ultraslick said:
I think NG2 will have the same type of effect for Microsoft as MGS will have for Sony, But on a much smaller scale.

I don't think you can get smaller than 0(well you could go negative, but I don't see a game making people hate a system). Neither game is gonna make a difference.

WIlling to bet your sig on that ?

Around the Network

The friggin dogs with swords in their mouths

LOL almost makes me want this game. I've had it with these motherf***cking dogs with the motherf****cking swords in their mouth.

NJ5 Spoiler Alert ********

Well the friggen sword dogs also have friggen exploding shurikens. They are friggen devilish. You have to stay on the move. And there are like 10 of them when you first meet them. This game is friggen awesome.

epinefridis said:

@disolitude.
You know how much I appreciate your writings and your whole gaming attitude. But I think it is unfair to compare NG to GoW series. I mean, yes, they're both action, melee combat based games, but they're also so different. Yes, GoW, is more easily digested from a less hardcore or more softcore gamer audience, but, it's a great title. Easily, its the best game (the 2 of them) I played on my PS2. On the other hand, NG is the representative of the "love it or hate it" situation. And personally, after breaking the disc of the original NG on XBOX, because tranquilizers didnt do me any good, I belong in the "hate it" camp.

Aderfe elias, gia to thema sou,

I think that either way NG will achieve a number around 150-180.000 first week.

Yeah I completely understand how someone could get frustrated with NG. I loved God of War as well...Never got to play GOW2 because I sold ps2 for 360 and then had to buy a 40 GB PS3 as I have not won the lottery yet to buy the 80 GB one.

The only game that had more "holy shit" moments than GOW for me last gen was Resident Evil 4 so I respect what the game was going for. 

However NG is a game which I don't play for the visuals, not for the story, not for the moments when you sit back and look at a huge boss and say "holy shit"... It was a game I played over and over because I wanted to get better at it technically.

I'd suggest renting NG2...as its not as hard as the first one(there is an easy setting right away). Also, once you level up your sword, learn a move called Izuna Drop...When you pull it off for the first time and once you realize how much you are in control in NG and howmuch GOW is just button mashing...I think you will still like GOWl...but only for those aspects I've outlined above. (presentation, puzzle elements, story)

You just can't go back and get in to GOW after that clicks in your head... as far as combat is concerned...

I agree disolitude. There was a point in the first game when you either learn how Team Ninja wants you to play the game, or you go home crying. It was on the bridge and you had several sorcerers shooting at you and several ninjas attacking you. You either learned what the game expected or you died quickly. No mercy.

Around the Network

@NJ5

seriously did you not READ what I said after that...

if INNOVATION or HUGE REFINEMENT is present I will love the game

SMG had HUGE refinement....it had little innovations that made you go WOW!

hence the story could be discounted..& the story itself was't all that crappy

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

It will not move many units... a friend of mine is getting the 360 for this game, but he is a exception

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

i dont think there will be any increase whatsoever!

its always been a good game, but has not sold like an AAA classic

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

darthdevidem01 said:
@NJ5

seriously did you not READ what I said after that...

if INNOVATION or HUGE REFINEMENT is present I will love the game

SMG had HUGE refinement....it had little innovations that made you go WOW!

hence the story could be discounted..& the story itself was't all that crappy

What game had you played before Ninja Gaiden Sigma which contained a combat system as good as that? Unless you had played Ninja Gaiden or Ninja Gaiden Black, I don't see what's your point (and it's pretty clear you hadn't).

Most people who play this game do so for the unique and refined gameplay. If you need story or other lateral stuff, it just means you don't enjoy the gameplay enough. That's fine, it's just a matter of personal taste.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

I repeat, NG2 will not move any HW. Any increase in X360 sales during NG2 launch week will be just coincidence.

Lost Planet - 79% on Gamerankings, didn't move any HW in early 2007 despite a great opening of 250,000 copies in NA.

NG2 has 83% on GR.