By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - No MGS4 bundle on day 1?

The game comes out a week from now. I've been waiting month to buy MGS4 with my 80 gig PS3. It's all I can think about lately. Sooooo, I call my local EBGames. I tell the guy, I wanna go ahead and pay for the MGS4/80 gig PS3 bundle. He says, "We don't know when we're getting them, or how many we're getting. We aren't taking Pre-Orders on them either." He went on to tell me how I could get 20% of used games, blah blah blah. I'm scared. I need MGS4 on day one. I NEED IT! My ex-girlfriend gets 10% off at Wal-Mart, but there's no guarantee that I'll find a bundle there. The bundle is selling for $899 on Amazon.com, but C'mon. I ain't retarded (sorry, retarded people. I meet all the criteria, but your secret handshake turns me off.). If I don't have that game in my house by noon on launch day, I will explode. What are my options?

Around the Network

Apparently the bundles could be in low quantity at launch....

THEY WILL be there on LAUNCH though....that much is guranteed

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

As far as I know very few retailers are actually accepting preorders for this...

Also there are only 15,000 bundles initially so you don't know how long they'll last...

Edit: That 15,000 I read it somewhere but can't find it again so take it with a large grain of salt.... (i.e. probably wrong)

Edit 2: It was a post on NeoGaf from someone with inside knowledge saying that the initial allocation is only 15,000 

PSN ID: T_Gears

End of 2009 ltd sales:

Wii = 67-68m

X360 = 38-39m

PS3 = 34-35m

Prediction: The PS3 will surpass the 360 on weekly sales after it drops to $299 on all regular weeks (no big releases).

You could get the game and a different bundle seperately I suppose.

so theres only going to be like 15,000 bundles in NA then, gosh thats low

Around the Network

Ha, i already have my PS3! And i will be at gamestation the minute it opens!

MWAH HAHAHA!!!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

taxman said:
As far as I know very few retailers are actually accepting preorders for this...

Also there are only 15,000 bundles initially so you don't know how long they'll last...

Where did you read there would only be 15k bundles in the US?  Japan is getting 80-100k, so I'd say 15k for the US is BS.

15K for US is BS.....as we have another thread where it is being said Norway is getting 15K bundles..

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Get your sleeping bag ready and start camping. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

You can't get the 80gb PS3 unbundled

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.