By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New Resistance 2 info (and Insomniac tidbits).

This is from someone who interviewed Ted Price, presumably a pretty important guy at Insomniac Games. 

-Both Resistance games will get Home and Trophy support. In what way is still unknown. ''(What is 'Trophy'?!)''.

-30 FPS and 720p (not 564 upscaled, real 720p). They did it with Ratched, they can do it with R2.

-Installation is as of now unknown. They prefer installation if it reduces loadtimes though.

-Trying to reduce loading times to a minimum ''(possible ingame loading)''.

-Single player mode will be => then Resistance's single player length. They like shorter stories too though, CoD4 comes to mind.

-They say they work really efficient: 3 games in 3 years for the PS3. They keep using the same engine and the same tools, although they fine-tune and upgrade some stuff. So Resistance 2 is built out of the Resistance engine.

-2nd game already in pre-productions. Should be released late 2009. They've never missed a launch-window for the PS3 and have been able to crank out AAA PS3 games year on year.

THE NETHERLANDS

Around the Network

Thats pretty surprising about the 30 FPS :P Ratchet and Clank was true 720p @60 and if they're using the same engine... I wonder :D

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

The last two points really show how Insomniac are very very very talented developers.

EDIT: VERY VERY Talented. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

They are the best on developers for the PS3 I've seen so far. R&C runs pretty much without a hitch and so does resistance. And I know Resistance 2 is going to up everything awesome about resistance

ChronotriggerJM said:
Thats pretty surprising about the 30 FPS :P Ratchet and Clank was true 720p @60 and if they're using the same engine... I wonder :D

I think the amount of Physics & AI involved in Resistance 2 is going to be a lot more than R&C... So if they manages to do 720p... thats going to be impressive.

Around the Network

What is that 2nd game in pre-production? I hope it is a new IP.

good news,
What is that 2nd game in pre-production? I hope it is a new IP.
yeah me too

If it's locked at 30fps then it is the same as if it's 2000fps. Why do movies loof solky smooth at 24fps? The perception of changing frame rates is what screws with your eyes....

PSN ID: T_Gears

End of 2009 ltd sales:

Wii = 67-68m

X360 = 38-39m

PS3 = 34-35m

Prediction: The PS3 will surpass the 360 on weekly sales after it drops to $299 on all regular weeks (no big releases).

taxman said:
If it's locked at 30fps then it is the same as if it's 2000fps. Why do movies loof solky smooth at 24fps? The perception of changing frame rates is what screws with your eyes....

Movies look smooth because each frame has motion blur and that gives the impression there are more intervening frames than the actual. Big difference than sharp static images that are rendered in video games.

Cannot....wait.....for.....this......game

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot