By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Wii storage solution, a grassroots campaign is in order.

At least some Wiiware developers realize there's an issue:

http://gonintendo.com/?p=41404

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

Around the Network

I'd be interested to know what % of Xbox360 owners and PS3 owners use the storage space on their consoles for more than just storing, video reviews, game/movie trailers and other such stuff that is useless and just goes to fill the hard drive up more.

The more space you have the more you will fill it up with stuff you don't really want or use.
It used to be video cassettes and music cassettes and then CDs and DVDs full of stuff never used again, now with hard drives you can be as lazy as you want and dump a truck load of old shite you never really wanted and still have space for more.

Nice... we've degraded to swearing now.

This will be my last public thought on "because"; if you wish to discuss further, feel free to do so via PM:

I wrote "I think _____ because _____". I did not write "Nintendo thinks _____ because _____".

HELLFISH said:
Nice... we've degraded to swearing now.

This will be my last public thought on "because"; if you wish to discuss further, feel free to do so via PM:

I wrote "I think _____ because _____". I did not write "Nintendo thinks _____ because _____".

Well if you hadn't twisted my words, and pretended I was trying do discredit you, despite my clearly stating it had nothing to do with your point, I wouldn't have sworn. 

And you did not just write your thought. You wrote your thought about Nintendo's intentions, based on your own intentions.

"I think Nintendo greatly underestimates the value of convenience, because I sure won't be shuffling games back and forth from SD cards."

You planning not to do something only proves you don't plan to do it. And it's a result of Nintendo's actions, not proof of what they underestimate or don't.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

i just posted in the thread here http://techforums.nintendo.com/nins/board?board.id=gamehelp_vc

I know its not much, but im going to drop and e mail soon and make that phonecall sooner rather than later.

F@ck Ubisoft and their commitment to Wii shovelware.

Around the Network

My solution is the homebrew channel.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

I did read somewhere (forgot were) that THE USB port in the back of the Wii able to read removable hard drives. Well I do not see why Nintendo does not use that. They could make cheap ones or get a company to make them there own and have them say Nintendo on them. Why is it taking so effin long Nintendo?

I am having a bit of a problem with the storage capabilities of my Wii.
I wanted to buy a new WiiWare title today, but I am out of memory blocks and unable to complete the transaction.  I went ahead and purchased a 2GB SD card and placed it into the Wii.  Unfortunately, this did not increase the memory of the Wii, and I could still not download the WiiWare title.
I did find I could copy items from the Wii memory to the SD card in the system options, but this is not working well for our family.  There are 4 of us that play the Wii regularly, and we all have different titles we like to play.  It is very inconvenient to have to move games back and forth from SD cards every time we turn the console on.  As such, there is much contention in the family when it's time to play, especially when players see their games have been deleted.
Do you have a solution?
Thanks,

Hello,

We appreciate your feedback regarding the Wii console.  At this time, we haven't heard of any plans to offer a way to expand the memory capabilities of the system.  I will, however, be happy to pass along your e-mail to the appropriate department for further review. 

If we announce plans in the future for an external storage device (such as a USB drive or an external hard drive), or a way to save to, or transfer data from, an SD Card, we'll be sure to post this information to our website (www.nintendo.com).  Be sure to check our site often for all the latest Nintendo news.

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
Shane O'Neil

If you read between the lines of the NoA response, there might be hope soon.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV