By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The floodgates are officially open: 4 quality Wii games in 2 days

JGarret said:
LordTheNight, there are already plenty of Wii games in development, but most of them lack the recognition and the effort that 3rd party titles on PS3/360 get...I think that´s Onimusha´s point.

I wasn't disagreeing with that. That's why I stated his point would likely be valid if E3 showed almost nothing more than this.

But I agree this year´s E3 will be the guide that shows us the future....after it´s gone, if we still don´t see enthusiasm towards the Wii, can the "but no one saw Wii´s success coming, give 3rd parties some time to addapt" line still be used?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

onimusha12 said: "Sorry I don't feel the same need as you to paint every single game given to the Wii by someone not Nintendo as an effort on par with the major projects being put on HD consoles."

-----
As much effort? You do realize that the bulk of the effort for HD is in the actual modeling and lighting, which in the industry is outsourced 9 out of 10 times. Must take the big studios a whole lot of effort to lift that pen and write a check. ;)

I can only hope E3 proves me hideously wrong.

Being called a troll by some of the bigger trolls in the internet is as absurd as it gets.

Diomedes1976 said:
Being called a troll by some of the bigger trolls in the internet is as absurd as it gets.

That just made me laugh.
Not just on VGC, or in the gaming community but on the entire internet...lol

We can be proud to have someone that professional on the boards.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
LOL. I got this from GoNintendo:

z

Pictures the Spyborg situation perfectly.

And when Beyond Good & Evil 2 was announced for PS360 it looked too real and the Nintendo fanboys pointed out that it would fit better on the Wii with the more cartoony graphics from the original.

Diomedes1976 said:

I see no use of the word troll. Could this be some baiting?

Mebi said:
Soriku said:
LOL. I got this from GoNintendo:

z

Pictures the Spyborg situation perfectly.

And when Beyond Good & Evil 2 was announced for PS360 it looked too real and the Nintendo fanboys pointed out that it would fit better on the Wii with the more cartoony graphics from the original.

To sum up your logic quite concisely: Apples =/= Oranges

They are two very different games with two very different circumstances. Everyone had accepted Beyond Good and Evil as a niche artstyle, not something that necessaraly benefits from hyper realism. The primary complaint wasn't graphics either, but user base, however noting that would have taken the wind out of your response so I understand why that was left exempt.

Putting Beyond Good & Evil 2 on the HD consoles is about as sensible a measure as putting Viewtiful Joe 3 or Zack & Wiki 2 on the HD consoles. Bottom line, Ubisoft doesn't want the Wii to have its big titles even if it means spiting one of their own franchises.

Though we appreciate your attempt at drawing connections between two completely unrelated subjects in a transparent gesture to slight the Nintendo fandom.

If I had to guess, I´d say the expectation on lots of new Wii titles from 3rd parties being announced at E3 will 'fall somewhere in between'....I think it won´t be all 'casual crap', I´m personally expecting 2 or 3 big announcements of 'core' games, but I think anyone who thinks we´ll see a FLOOD of big budget, core titles announced only for the Wii is in for disappointment.

Diomedes1976 said:

You must be new to teh intarwebs. Welcome. You'll feel right at home :) 

JGarret said:
If I had to guess, I´d say the expectation on lots of new Wii titles from 3rd parties being announced at E3 will 'fall somewhere in between'....I think it won´t be all 'casual crap', I´m personally expecting 2 or 3 big announcements of 'core' games, but I think anyone who thinks we´ll see a FLOOD of big budget, core titles announced only for the Wii is in for disappointment.

Personally, I think that we're heading to a time in the market which is very similar to the SNES vs. Genesis battle ...

Back in 'The Day' third party publishers and developers were much more specialized than they are today, and the practice of cross platform development was very limited because you had to recode most of your game (and develop platform specific sprites) in order to release a game on multiple systems; essentially you needed to rebuild your game from the ground up to target another platform. On top of this both the SNES and Genesis were popular enough systems to justify development on them, which resulted in various publishers focusing their efforts on one platform or the other.

Now, the popularity of the Wii and HD consoles will have a decent coverage of all genres, with a few where it dominates, and almost none where it is (completely) devoid of games. Where I expect the HD consoles to dominate is in the Shooters, Sandbox games and Racing games while the Wii dominates in Platformers, Adventure games, Puzzle games, Party games, and "Unclassified" games; the remaining genres (fighting games, RPGs, RTS, Sports games, Survival Horror games, etc.) will likely be pretty evenly spread across all platforms but the Wii version will likely be quite a bit different than the HD console version.