By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The floodgates are officially open: 4 quality Wii games in 2 days

After week of complaining by Wii fanboys I hope they will stop doing this. These games are presented in the last 2 days and definitely show 3rd party interest and quality.

Tenchu 4
Ninja/Stealth

Spyborgs
Action/Humor

Rune Factory: Frontier
Sim/RPG

Dokapon Kingdom

Around the Network

Spyborgs looks....interesting....

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

YEEEAAAH... GOOO WIII! Im gonna lose the bet BIG TIME :(

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

what makes those games quality?

Just finished responding the shamless's debunk toward the subject.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

I would hardly call this the flood gates, but E3 isn't here yet, so I am hoping for more and better announcements still...

Hmmm, I haven't heard of Dokapon Kingdom previously. From IGN: (cover looks a little kiddie, but we'll see...)

The King of Dokapon has offered you his throne; all he asks for in return is that you dispose of an invading horde of thieving monsters. Trouble is - you’re not the only one he asked. Contend with up to three friends as you navigate playfields littered with challenges, monsters to defeat, and rare secrets to unlock. Warning: Relationship counseling not included.

What is that warning supposed to mean??? 

Around the Network

I don't know much, if anything at all, about the 2 last ones. Interested in the first two. Good to see a developer like Capcom doing something for the Wii, and a well known series like Tenchu, also making it's arrival on the console.

jlauro said:
I would hardly call this the flood gates, but E3 isn't here yet, so I am hoping for more and better announcements still...

And I would hardly call any of them quality especially Tenchu.  It almost reminds me of how some PS3 fans would spout GotY as soon as a game got announced.  All of them could be great or steaming piles of poo, but it's too early to tell at this point.

BengaBenga said:

After week of complaining by Wii fanboys I hope they will stop doing this. These games are presented in the last 2 days and definitely show 3rd party interest and quality.

Not really. 4 games is a start, but they need assurance that more is coming. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Yeah, let's wait and see before declaring these are quality games... Haze was also from a good developer and we all know how that one turned out.

It's definitely good news that more game announcements have been happening lately.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

dib8rman said:
what makes those games quality?

Just finished responding the shamless's debunk toward the subject.

Of course it depends on your definition of quality, but there are hardly any really bad RPG's, so even if Dokamon Kingdom looks "kiddy" it will probably be quite decent. These strange Japanese games are definitely something that we haven't seen much this gen.

Tenchu is a sequel to quite a good series, Spyborgs is made by Capcom and the makers of Ratchet, Rune Factory is very good on DS.

But I didn't start this thread to say: look at all these AAA games coming to Wii. I want Wii owners to stop moaning and focus on the good stuff that is announced.

And E3 should reveil even more.