By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Getaway 3 and Eight Days are cancelled

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/sony-cancels-eight-days-and-the-getaway

Sony cancels Eight Days and The Getaway

Sony Computer Entertainment has announced that it has cancelled production on two PlayStation 3 titles that were in development at the Sony London Studio - Eight Days and The Getaway.

A statement from the Corporation read as follows: "It has been agreed that production of both Eight Days and The Getaway will cease immediately due to the redistribution of resources and budget.

"This decision was made following an internal review of all games and it was deemed that with the incredibly strong list of exclusive first party titles coming up both this year and in the near future, resource should be reallocated to enhance those projects closer to completion.

"Worldwide Studios has a reputation for innovative and entertaining games, with titles such as LittleBigPlanet, SingStar,Buzz, EyeToy and Eye of Judgement, and will continue to push the boundaries on all PlayStation platforms."

Holy crap.

Around the Network

oh well, i wasnt looking 4ward to getaway, but eight days looked kinda cool.

still many other top titles still coming out this year, and no doubt many coming in 2009

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

The move follows shortly after the appointment of Shuhei Yoshida as the head of Sony Worldwide Studios, replacing previous company icon Phil Harrison, who departed to take up the role of president at the re-imagined Atari.

So apparantly, Phil Harrison's replacement decided they should be cancelled.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I FEEL LIKE KILLING SOME ONE !!!!

GETAWAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT'S LIKE AS IMPORTANT AS GTA IV TO ME !!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I blame Killzone 2 completely

SONY is putting all their eggs on one basket

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

well at least they are being realistic now.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

I think yoshida wants them to focus on casual titles,,,,,I remmeber him saying somewhere that PS3 has more than enough hardcore games for now.

it should be his new startgety ,,but let me just say god damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn it 

Many have touted and cheerled these exclusives in the Sony 'domination' line-up so this is indeed big (and very bad) news. We await the damage control posts....

Not the Getaway! the first was such a classic!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

YOSHIDA IS RUINING EVERYTHING!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey