By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tenchu 4 exclusive for the Wii?

NJ5 said:
windbane said:
(...)

What benefit of wiimote does Tenchu get?

I wish I knew, unfortunately the game isn't out yet. That's what we should be discussing ;)

Maybe they have added star bits...

Around the Network
windbane said:
NJ5 said:
windbane said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:
windbane, Dragon Quest 9 will be on the DS only.

ohh, ok...I didn't know...that the DS is a new name for the Wii...

Either way, the Wii has gotten more DQ than any other console in this generation. Please stop spinning this, it's pretty obvious that Japanese developers are moving towards the Wii except when they get moneyhats from Sony or Microsoft. How many more Japanese Wii exclusive
announcements will you need to convince yourself of this? We should get on topic now.

It is on topic. Capcom, Konami, Square, Namco, etc are all putting their main games on PS3 and 360. We just had a thread focused on lack of big budget 3rd party games for Wii. I'd rather innovative games like Boom Blox go to the Wii rather than a game that is better suited for the other consoles. What benefit of wiimote does Tenchu get?

Yeah, and your claim that Dragonquest swords isnt a real dragonquest game. You should know fake/not real games before you post this and troll us.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

I haven't played a Tenchu game for a while. And even then, I have only played demos. From the sounds of it the earlier games were better recieved than the newest ones. If this is being made by the guys who did the early games, then hopefully this will be good. It has me interested at the moment, and could be a possible purchase for me.

windbane said:
NJ5 said:
windbane said:

Either way, the Wii has gotten more DQ than any other console in this generation. Please stop spinning this, it's pretty obvious that Japanese developers are moving towards the Wii except when they get moneyhats from Sony or Microsoft. How many more Japanese Wii exclusive
announcements will you need to convince yourself of this? We should get on topic now.

It is on topic. Capcom, Konami, Square, Namco, etc are all putting their main games on PS3 and 360. We just had a thread focused on lack of big budget 3rd party games for Wii. I'd rather innovative games like Boom Blox go to the Wii rather than a game that is better suited for the other consoles. What benefit of wiimote does Tenchu get?

You're wrong. We see that developers are more and more spreading their games across Wii/PS360

Capcom: Monster Hunter - Wii, Resident Evil: PS360
Konami: MGS4 - PS360, Castlevania - Wii
 Namco: Tales of Vesperia: 360, Tales of Symphonia: Wii
Square: FF - PS3, FF:CC Wii (and the DQ on DS, which is comparable to FF in size)
Tecmo: Fatal Frame - Wii, Ninja Gaiden - 360
Sega: MadWorld - Wii, Bayonetta - PS360

etc.

You would be correct if you'd focussed on the Western developers, but the Japanese definitely show Wii support. 

yushire said:
kylohk said:
Err... Aren't we supposed to be talking about this upcoming game, rather than what franchises are coming to the Wii?

Windbane started all of it. BLAME HIM!

actually, I responded to NJ5. but I understand you'd say that since you posted about me supposedly getting owned.

Around the Network
windbane said:

The original comment was that Dragon Quest and Monster Hunter are no longer on Sony consoles.  That is true.  They are now on Nintendo consoles.  That's where the money is.  These are major franchises moving development to Nintendo consoles to follow the money.

My argument was not that the DS was a new name for the Wii.

On topic, oh look, a new game for the Wii.  In your face windbane!

windbane said:

Maybe they have added star bits...

Well if we needed confirmation that you're not interested in contributing to this thread at all, here it is.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

yushire said:
windbane said:
NJ5 said:
windbane said:

Yeah, and your claim that Dragonquest swords isnt a real dragonquest game. You should know fake/not real games before you post this and troll us.

Dude, it's not. It's a spinoff. Come on. Claim a good game.

windbane said:

The original comment was that Dragon Quest and Monster Hunter are no longer on Sony consoles.  That is true.  They are now on Nintendo consoles.  That's where the money is.  These are major franchises moving development to Nintendo consoles to follow the money.

My argument was not that the DS was a new name for the Wii.

On topic, oh look, a new game for the Wii.  In your face windbane!

Yeah, in my face! I just want games on systems that suit them.

As for the Wii Remote controls, I believe that different gestures can be used for different special moves. Of course, the gesture should try and match the character's movement to make it more intuitive (like Zelda:TP).

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here