By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tenchu 4 exclusive for the Wii?

yushire said:
NJ5 said:

I'll reply to this one since yushire posted it first ;)

It's a Japanese game... Here's what most Japanese developers are probably thinking:

"Ummm, I want to make this new game... Shall I make it for the platform which has 6.12 million units sold in this country and which requires the smallest development cost, or for the one which has 2.11 million units sold and is damn expensive/hard to make games for? Hard decisions..."

AW COM'N! Dont harsh on third party developers atleast theyre trying, and with the Wii in Japan cannibalized 360 and PS3 what third parties have to lose?

You misunderstood me. Simply put, my point is that Japanese developers probably see the PS3/360 as dead consoles compared to the Wii. Furthermore, lower Wii development costs will make them develop more and more for the Wii, especially on games which appeal a lot to Japanese gamers.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
starcraft said:
NJ5 said:

It's a Japanese game... Here's what most Japanese developers are probably thinking:

"Ummm, I want to make this new game... Shall I make it for the platform which has 6.12 million units sold in this country and which requires the smallest development cost, or for the one which has 2.11 million units sold and is damn expensive/hard to make games for? Hard decisions..."

Make it for the 360.

The 360 already has a Tenchu game and it's hilariously bad.

^^^

@NJ5

AH OK, sorry but is Tenchu Z the first new gen Tenchu released on 360 first? Times due change

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

I actually liked Tenchu Z on the 360, but Tenchu could really handle a different implementation after all the sequels on the ps2 that were sort of iffy. I'll wait to see how this one goes. Tenchu 1 was one of my fave ps1 games, so this could bring the magic back as long as the controls are good. if it turns out like the DS game though...ugh...

NJ5 said:
yushire said:
NJ5 said:

AW COM'N! Dont harsh on third party developers atleast theyre trying, and with the Wii in Japan cannibalized 360 and PS3 what third parties have to lose?

You misunderstood me. Simply put, my point is that Japanese developers probably see the PS3/360 as dead consoles compared to the Wii. Furthermore, lower Wii development costs will make them develop more and more for the Wii, especially on games which appeal a lot to Japanese gamers.

yeah, that must be why most japanese developers are putting their main fanchises on the Wii...oh, wait...

Around the Network
windbane said:
NJ5 said:
yushire said:
NJ5 said:

yeah, that must be why most japanese developers are putting their main fanchises on the Wii...oh, wait...

exactly why MH and DQ are still on sony platforms,

oh, wait. 

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Neos said:
windbane said:
NJ5 said:
yushire said:
NJ5 said:

oh, wait.

OWNED thats all I can say

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

windbane said:

Monster Hunter, Fatal Frame, DQ... MGS is not on the Wii because it started development very long ago, and with some moneyhats probably involved, also it sells more outside of Japan than inside. Same thing for Resident Evil and Final Fantasy. You can't argue with money, especially when it's inside a hat.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

yushire said:
Neos said:
windbane said:
NJ5 said:
yushire said:
NJ5 said:

oh, wait.

OWNED thats all I can say

DQ isn't on the Wii, either. Owned by 1 game? Ok...check the upcoming games lists.

@windbane

So Dragonquest swords isnt a dragonquest game then? After its success I doubt Squuenix will make a dragon quest game in any platform.

E3 2010- Tape runs out