By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can MGS4 reach 7-10 mln. by the end of 2008 thnx to BUNDLE?

I don't know. It would be amazing if Super Smash Bros. pulled that off by the end of the year. MGSIV has no where near those sales. Maybe 5 million if another boost comes in the holidays.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Around the Network

impossible

Where's that Picard .gif when you need it?

I already stated my opinion when you claimed it was on track to sell 7 million by the end of the year. Now you have an even more outlandish prediction. I'm just going to restate what I said:

MGS4 is currently at 2,577,415 units sold. It sold 95k last week but I'll be generous and say 100k for the remaining weeks of the year (which won't happen). There's 5 months left in the year, so approx 22 weeks. That's 2.2 million (again, not going to happen). If you give it a generous 25% boost for December, that would be roughly 2.3 million, which puts it at 4.8M by the end of the year. And that's being generous.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=35377

CrazzyMan said:
Again people, DON`T forget, that PS2 was HACKED and PS3 is NOT.
Moreover, MGS4 will define gaming for next several years, it`s a masterpiece! =)
Anyway, first few weeks sales will show what to expect. :)

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
17.29m

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

14.20m

Grand Theft Auto III

11.60m

1 Grand Theft Auto IV 4.28m

/thread.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

You are a "Crazzyman" if you think that’s ever going too happen not even in its lifetime!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

With the winter holidays i expect MGS4 to hit at least 5 Million by the end of 2008, which is a lot better than MSG3's and MGS 4's lifetime sales of 6-7 million will easily overhaul MGS2's sales of 5.5 Million.

MSG 4 could very well be the most successful MGS game of all time.

Heeeeyyyy!!!! <Snap>

Metal Gear Solid 5.59

Metal Gear Solid 2 5.57

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater 4.00

There seems to be a downward trend here.

Maybe due to PS3 exposure MGS4 could beat MGS3, but I am not expecting it to do better than 2 or 1. I think this series has a "harder core" following in comparison to other franchises thus I don't think it's install base will accrue new patrons in a significant number.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

no

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

6M is quite possible. I got motorstorm because I wanted an 80GB... I sold it the same day i got my console.

4 ≈ One

Bundle is pretty much over. I'd say 4 million by the end of the year is right.