By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fatal Frame IV?

sc94597 said:
Riachu said:
sc94597 said:
Cougarman said:
they better not treat it like metroid prime 3
Yeah, they relied too much on the downloadable channel to advertise it. It still sold well though ,not as much as I would like but well. They definately aren't going to treat it like smg, ssbb, or WII FIT though.

Metroid has never sold as well as Mario and never will

I still expect more than about1.5 mil. The highest selling metroid sold about 3 million. Twice what prime 3 sold. Oh and btw I was talking about advertisement not sales.

Metroid Prime (1) was hailed beyond end. It still is the highest ranked game of the previous gen. A lot of people bought it on hype and probably found it to be too hard. As much as I liked the game, sometimes the backtracking and inability to progress frustrated me very much.

I think that's basically why Prime sold more than 2 and 3. The ones that stayed liked the game.

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
Riachu said:
sc94597 said:
Cougarman said:
they better not treat it like metroid prime 3
Yeah, they relied too much on the downloadable channel to advertise it. It still sold well though ,not as much as I would like but well. They definately aren't going to treat it like smg, ssbb, or WII FIT though.

Metroid has never sold as well as Mario and never will

I still expect more than about1.5 mil. The highest selling metroid sold about 3 million. Twice what prime 3 sold. Oh and btw I was talking about advertisement not sales.

You say that like it stopped selling. It hasn't even been out for a year.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Hmm I didn't realise the release date was soon. We've seen so little. Maybe we'll see a bit more in the coming weeks. And hopefully there will be some advertising. I hope they just don't treat it like it's nothing. I'm interested in it!

All I know is Nintendo is publishing this game, it's survival horror, and Suda51 is working on it. That's all I need to know to love it.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
All I know is Nintendo is publishing this game, it's survival horror, and Suda51 is working on it. That's all I need to know to love it.

Capture ghosts in jars of Branson Pickle! 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

I honestly don't think that here will be much advertising for this. I also don't think that Nintendo will buy the rights to it either. I know that we as gamers are looking forward to this game, but I don't think that many people outside of the hardcore gaming community buying this game. It will probably be a pretty good game with mediocre sales, unfortunately.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
I honestly don't think that here will be much advertising for this. I also don't think that Nintendo will buy the rights to it either. I know that we as gamers are looking forward to this game, but I don't think that many people outside of the hardcore gaming community buying this game. It will probably be a pretty good game with mediocre sales, unfortunately.

Well the series was already kind of niche, so it was likely put on the Wii to ensure a profit even with smaller sales. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Nintendo is more then just the publisher on the title, they are also helping to develop it.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.