By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So is this the ime for Ninty to stockpile Wii to counter MGS4?

So what the Wii really needs was 300,000 sales to outcompete the competition. So they dont need a 400,000 sales just like they did with GTA IV.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network

MGS doesn't sell consoles usually, IMO Nintendo doesn't have to do anything to "counter" MGS4 because it'd do fine on its own and both will sell and not overmatch much.

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles fan for life. <3

well wii will sell alot next week,but the people that are gonna get

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

DMeisterJ said:
I don't think so.

Wouldn't be that smart to "stockpile" Wii's when you just released a huge game in North America thirteen days ago.

I think it was moreso that they pushed out so many Wii's last week for Wii Fit's first week, they need to get back into the swing of things. It's happened with every big release.

This thread is grasping at straws...

you do realise wii is consistently in first place regardless, yeh?

Nintendo might shit more units that week, but it could be a coincidence too. It's been going up and down by hundreds of thousands each week although the lows have gotten much higher. Nintendo may decide to send loads of Wiis to go with a huge shipment of Wiifit, it would make sense.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network
radioioRobert said:

Remeber, PS3 fans think this is the title to strike at the Wii. Look at Leo-j's infamous "My biggest prediction yet" thread. The one that got him permabanned. Look at Crazyman's predictions. 7 to 8 million MGS4 sold before year end because of bundles? This is the PS3 owners big summer hope. It's PS3 exclusive. Part of war is killing the enemy's morale. How do you kill Sony morale? Blame WiiFit.

Well said, kind sir.

johnsobas said:
Nintendo might shit more units that week, but it could be a coincidence too. It's been going up and down by hundreds of thousands each week although the lows have gotten much higher. Nintendo may decide to send loads of Wiis to go with a huge shipment of Wiifit, it would make sense.

I hope you meant ship more units

@ jhonip )

I think MGS4 would fail miserably on the Wii, selling under 1m ww.

Probably not. Their will be increases timed with the release but nothing like what Nintendo did on GTA IV week.

Maybe Nintendo will release Earthbound and/or Mario RPG on the VC (in the US) to go up against mgs4