By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NA SALES UP!! -- PS3 In Trouble??

I don't know, maybe the sales for the PS3 are low because, A NEW BUNDLE IS COMING OUT NEXT WEEK.

Let me see, buy just the 40 gig with sixaxis now or wait and get the 80 gig with MGS4 and DualShock 3.

Honestly, I am shock that sales didn't drop off sooner than this. If the sales drop off in July, then worry.

I'm just saying...

Around the Network

I think it would be the calm before the storm, but why the hell is the 360 selling 60k still? I dont understand that one bit but thats what the numbers say... also it did outsell the PS3 last month according to NPD (within the margin of error)

We will just have to wait and see.

Ok sorted out

@super_etecon

Dunno....maybe its a conspiracy n Vg Chartz hates MGS4...lol
_____

@Jandre

It outsold PS3 by 900 units in last months NPD

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

At first I was disappointed, but now I realize just how exciting the PS3's sales are this week.

Thats great...the week I buy ps3 it is last on the console list. :)

Around the Network

@MontanaHatchet

My worry is that how do people even know about these bundles...I thought MGS fans would get Ps3 with GTA IV or gT 5 prologue..maybe not

are the bundles being advertised in SHOPS in NA...

@disolitude

not in WW

In before MGS4 80GB bundle.
Just 2 weeks which will be GREATLY compensated with MGS4 launch week.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

super_etecoon said:
darthdevidem01 said:
WTF is wrong with VG chartz editing system....every time I edit something seems to go wrong!

It's keeping you honest...

or it doesn't like your sig.

Does anyone like his sig? I mean wtf get rid of the pic that doesn't even work and why the hell is there a big ass flashing marque???

I think it is also the re-introduction of the 80GB, not just MGS 4, which is causing consumers to wait a little bit