By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NA SALES UP!! -- PS3 In Trouble??

I think the sale hurt the PS3 personally this week because everyone knew about the 100 GC in advance and didn't buy this week. Expect next weeks numbers to be roughly 20k higher than they usually are. (around 80k est.) Another thing that could be hurting it is the MGS bundle whihc is set for release on June 12.

Around the Network
super_etecoon said:
Wouldn't this be the calm before the MGS4 bundle storm?

Exactly what I said.

There is no need to panic....yet.....

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

lol i love how there must be something wrong with vgchartz if the ps3 doesn't outsell the 360, LAME!

nah.. with the 100$ deal goin on and MGS4 comin next week, we will see a huge boost soon enough.. i think 500k-600K systems sold WW of the MGS4 week.. i might be off but i wouldn't be surprised considering the bundles and the fact that the LE: is sold out.. i just don't know how many they made..

Playing Beyond! 

50 Blu-Ray movies

67 BR disc PS3 Games

Cobertnation said:
I think they VGchartz are undertracking the ps3 or overtracking the 360 cuz all of a sudden how is the 360 selling more with no big releases and one of sonys biggest coming up they stop selling!!??

I think you need to watch this site a little longer before you begin to accuse it of over/undertracking a specific console.  Or maybe you have access to research firms that not even ioi/source/y-koron have. 

Around the Network

btw, looks like Wii will be increasing their marketshare this week again....at this rate it will be 50% before summer is over. :)

People may be waiting for the MGS4 bundle.

WTF is wrong with VG chartz editing system....every time I edit something seems to go wrong!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

ChronotriggerJM said:

The $100 deal is going to be amazing for the PS3 :P Word had it that Wallmart was already sold out yah? I don't think theres any reason to be concerned :P

[edit] and with the re-introduction of the 80 and MGS4, it can't go anywhere but up :D

3 walmarts have it in my area, so it doesn't look sold out at all.  On the other hand, Mario Karts are sold out everywhere -- there isn't a gamestop within 100 miles that has it.

darthdevidem01 said:
WTF is wrong with VG chartz editing system....every time I edit something seems to go wrong!

It's keeping you honest...

or it doesn't like your sig.