By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NA SALES UP!! -- PS3 In Trouble??

Didn't they stop production on the GS chip? If so, that would make manufacturing of new 80gb models impossible once the supply of chips is depleted.

Around the Network

Well MGS4 is right along the corner , so IMO that will help a lot during summer , but the truth is that it would despretly need a pricedrop ... why wont you do it Sony ? :(

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Edit:

It's the calm before the storm...

"NEVERMIND!!! Rock_on_2008 said it....

DAMN!!! THAT'S THREE IN A ROW!!!"

super_etecoon said:
Cobertnation said:
I think they VGchartz are undertracking the ps3 or overtracking the 360 cuz all of a sudden how is the 360 selling more with no big releases and one of sonys biggest coming up they stop selling!!??

I think you need to watch this site a little longer before you begin to accuse it of over/undertracking a specific console.  Or maybe you have access to research firms that not even ioi/source/y-koron have. 

Agreed.  And if anything, it's more the opposite.  For the last two months, they had the PS3 outselling 360 in North America and the NPD's had the opposite. 

All the numbers - vg/NPD/numbers abroad are all estimated so there's always going to be a little variance, but they are pretty accurate.  I usually look at them as being within 10% either way - if it says 360 sold 60k, then it's likely somewhere between 54k and 66k.  Whatever.

@Cobertnation

Remember that we as hardcore gamers and industry watchers are NOT the general public.  One reason 360's will continue to sell well in the U.S. is because lots of people have one already and their friends want to play with them.  You can't underestimate that, just as that will help Europe sell PS3's.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

playnext3 said:
i think its the mgs4 lunch we will see a big big boos

Besides from the solid point,

I like you're post..

mmm...~ Lunch and boos~ perfect combination. Let's get wasted in the middle of the day!

Around the Network

Jue to this poor week for PS3 i am expecting it to burst out with sales when the new skus come in. i mean come on, how many people have been holding off the ps3 untill bc comes back. i would consider he NA market to be stupid if the PS3 numbers were still high.

Well done to x360.
wii impersive as always. i think people must be useing them as door stops and everything with how fast they have been selling lol

iron_megalith said:
playnext3 said:
i think its the mgs4 lunch we will see a big big boos

Besides from the solid point,

I like you're post..

mmm...~ Lunch and boos~ perfect combination. Let's get wasted in the middle of the day!

What the hell is boos.... do you mean booze (alcohol)

hunter_alien said:
Well MGS4 is right along the corner , so IMO that will help a lot during summer , but the truth is that it would despretly need a pricedrop ... why wont you do it Sony ? :(

Staying well over 100,000 units/week during summer would already be a good result with little room for improvement,  and MGS4, followed by other releases, could help achieving it, so they'll better do a price drop after summer and avoid to risk reducing its effect on sales, instead doing it after summer would make them kill two birds with one stone, selling another million or more units at an higher price and helping to restart full stead when the slow season ends.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

BengaBenga said:
Gearbox said:
Everyone who wants a PS3 will look into what's coming out soon, so they will hold off on getting one until the new bundle. Prices were lowered to clear out stock.

Comon PS3 u've outsold 360 for 27 weeks straight, if u just hold off another 2 u have it in the bag!

That's of course nonsense. Consumer behaviour doesn't work that way. They buy something when they feel like it. Of course there are some people that will wait for the 80GB and more for the $100,- off, but certainly not everyone, not even close.
Only those who are very informed know that the 80GB is coming, and most of the very informed gamers already have a current gen console.

OT: The Ps3 is only in trouble in Japan, in the West it's doing fine. It's probably never going to capture 360 in the US, but worldwide I think it will be the HD console that wins.
But please don't expect too much from MGS4, it's a hardcore game in the most extreme way and it definitely won't raise PS3 sales over the GTAIV launch. GTA had much more hype and has a much broader appeal. Most of the MGS fans already have a PS3.

GTA didnt raise sales much at all! 300 thousand was the sales so a small jump yes but wii went up double that. GTA also wasn't included in the bundle u must realize this.

I don't get the 360 outselling the PS3 in N/A recently. I always wander the gaming aisles when I go shopping and the PS3 always seems to be low in stock relative to the 360. I was at wal-mart last night buying some office supplies and they had 360's a plenty. The were flat sold out of PS3s. Target was the same... Granted that's just two stores but I have seen this situation repeat itself regularly over the last couple of months at several big box retailers...

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.