By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gamepro unveils Halo Chronicles :-)

ChuckG16 said:
please anything not like MGS4, i dont need that kind of crap if i wanted 90 min cutscences id watch a movie worth my time

Dunno... Jackson, like Kojima, is prone to directorial masturbation and stretching everything into eternity.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
thekitchensink said:

Just got my issue last night (not sure of the number, but it has a Halo Wars cover story). HC is only covered in a side blurb in the HW article, and details are sparse so far, but there are a few little tidbits:

-Halo Chronicles is, in fact, the name of the 'project' Peter Jackson is working on.

-It will be 'episodic' in nature. Whether this simply means that each level of the game will have its' own little 'plot', or whether it will pull a Sam and Max on us remains to be seen.

-It will be a unique blend of cinema and gaming, though what this means remains clouded.

-Jackson hinted that it would be a prequel, meaning that we likely won't find out just yet exactly what happens to the Chief on that planet.

Personally, I'd LOVE to have a new episode of Halo every month or two .

Also, Bungie are working on something related to the Halo-verse that is not Halo Wars or Chronicles. That's probably where we'll find out what happens to Chiefy-weefy.

MARATHON! MARATHON! MARATHON!

Er...

I don't know. 

Isn't Marathon already on XBLA?  I mean, it could be a next-gen reamke, but we already have one of those.

I want to see more info about the mix between gameplay and movie. if it more like an interactive movie, then I am not so interested in it, but gameplay with a strong plot with great cut-scenes, I have no problem

DMeisterJ said:
rocketpig said:
thekitchensink said:

Just got my issue last night (not sure of the number, but it has a Halo Wars cover story). HC is only covered in a side blurb in the HW article, and details are sparse so far, but there are a few little tidbits:

-Halo Chronicles is, in fact, the name of the 'project' Peter Jackson is working on.

-It will be 'episodic' in nature. Whether this simply means that each level of the game will have its' own little 'plot', or whether it will pull a Sam and Max on us remains to be seen.

-It will be a unique blend of cinema and gaming, though what this means remains clouded.

-Jackson hinted that it would be a prequel, meaning that we likely won't find out just yet exactly what happens to the Chief on that planet.

Personally, I'd LOVE to have a new episode of Halo every month or two .

Also, Bungie are working on something related to the Halo-verse that is not Halo Wars or Chronicles. That's probably where we'll find out what happens to Chiefy-weefy.

MARATHON! MARATHON! MARATHON!

Er...

I don't know.

Isn't Marathon already on XBLA? I mean, it could be a next-gen reamke, but we already have one of those.

There are little clues left around the Halo games that implies Master Chief is the same guy from the Marathon series. The ending of Halo 3 only follows this trend.

A Marathon remake with Master Chief would kick ass. I can never get enough Chiefy. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

I didn't expect to see any Halo content coming from Bungie, at least not so soon. I thought the whole reason they left MS was to get away from Halo. Maybe they need the cash.

Currently Playing:  Saints Row 2 | Battlefield 2 | Company of Heroes

Recently Beaten: Gears of War | Super Mario Galaxy | Darwinia | MGS4 | Sam and Max Ep. 4, Portal | Mirror's Edge | Uncharted | Mass Effect

Looking Forward to: Alan Wake | Splinter Cell : Conviction | The Last Guardian | Batman: Arkham Asylum | SMG2 | Mass Effect 2 |

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
ChuckG16 said:
please anything not like MGS4, i dont need that kind of crap if i wanted 90 min cutscences id watch a movie worth my time

Dunno... Jackson, like Kojima, is prone to directorial masturbation and stretching everything into eternity.

MGS4 was the 1st thing that popped into my head. I really hope it's not like that. I like cutscenes as much as the next guy but if it hits MGS4 length they might as well finish the movie! 

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Maybe they can make the single player good again! Honestly, it's painful to play Halo 3's campaign. If you can make multi so fun, why is single terrible?

rocketpig said:
ChuckG16 said:

So this should be a 2 hour game followed by 26 "endings"?

The dedication you show to any particular console or company is inversely proportional to the number of times you have gotten laid. If you get laid enough, even if you prefer a certain brand, you just don't give enough of a shit to argue about it on the internet.

ikilledkenny said:
Maybe they can make the single player good again! Honestly, it's painful to play Halo 3's campaign. If you can make multi so fun, why is single terrible?

I disagree with this... I found part 2 had a tedious single player campaign towards the end. But you still wanted to play to get the story... Part 3 was great. Probably the most streamlined single player campaign Halo ever had considering part 1 was really repetitive as well in the middle with the same room over and over. I still preffer halo 1 single player tho...but I thought 3 was better than 2...

Woot for the chef. Good to see some of the Chronicles details.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.