By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - EDGE REVIEW: Metal Gear Solid 4

Haze on the PS3 is a much better game than Halo 3.

Around the Network

they gave a perfect 10 to HALO3 because is definitely a better game...

SpartanFX said:
starcraft said:
SpartanFX said:
starcraft said:

I've never heard of game master. Are you aware that CVG initially used the same review as PSM3 with a changed score and that they are owned by the same entity?Konami really screwed up by trying to taint the review process. Its now impossible to view as legitimate any review that succumbs to their rules and restrictions. Fortunately, some reviewers have said they will wait till the title is out and then provide a proper review.

yea ,,we will wait indeed,,i m buying it day 1 and will be enjoying it regardless.

beside you said million times youa re not intrested in this game ,,why would you bother post in the firsy place?

not happy to loose NGII from your AAA title list?it's good game enjoy it and don't be so stuck on the reviews

Because I AM interested in sales, and I'm very interested in allegations of mass corruption in gaming media.  You'll find I actually made very lofty predictions for this title's sales potential.

As for NG2?  It's not my kind of game either, I really found the first one quite difficult and tasteless.  Nonetheless, the fact that it hasn't turned out to be a AAA title is a disappointment compared to expectations.  However, if you take a glance at the latest Xbox 360 Week-In-Review, you'll find I haven't let the reviews for a game I wouldn't have played get me down at all

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=0&id=28267

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Rock_on_2008 said:

1. That's a load of shit. Haze doesn't do one thing as well as Halo 3 and it certainly doesn't do anything better than Bungie's offering.

2. Stop trolling.

I respect Edge. Other than their baffling 10/10s for the Halo series, I agree with most of their reviews. Yes, they're harsh, but true critics are supposed to be harsh. The highest scores should only be handed out to the greatest games, which MGS4 may not be. None of us have played it so stop bitching about scores to games you have never played.

In any case, I can't wait to play this game.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
Rock_on_2008 said:

1. That's a load of shit.

2. Stop trolling.

I respect Edge. Other than their baffling 10/10s for the Halo series, I agree with most of their reviews. Yes, they're harsh, but true critics are supposed to be harsh. The highest scores should only be handed out to the greatest games, which MGS4 may not be. None of us have played it so stop bitching about scores to games you have never played.

If they where harsh with Halo 3 then it certainly couldn't have scored anything more than 8/10 . They can't be consistently good reviewers if they happen to mess up on big games like Halo 3 but are fairly critical of MGS4.

Around the Network
Imperial said:
rocketpig said:
Rock_on_2008 said:

1. That's a load of shit.

2. Stop trolling.

If they where harsh with Halo 3 then it certainly couldn't have scored anything more than 8/10 .

Which is why I pointed out that I didn't agree with their Halo reviews...

Eurogamer and Edge both gave MGS3 an 8, I really can't understand the 'outrage'.

@rocketpig , read my edit.

@shameless

IGN gave it 9.9
CVG gave it 9.5
gamepro 10/10
GAME master 9.7/10

Because there isn't a consistency in review scores we're able to argue that people are underatting MG4. 

Imperial said:
@rocketpig , read my edit.
While no review system is perfect, I challenge you to find a more accurate magazine than Edge. Sure, IMO they fucked up the Halo and GTA reviews but other than that, I find myself agreeing with them more than any other numerically-based review publication out there.

kowenicki said:
Shameless said:
@Kowenicki

Your entire post history consists of trolling the PS3 or playstation fans whilst praising Microsoft. I wouldn't talk about hating fanboys if I were you.

Got numerous Sony products, more than you probably, PS3 on the way... Wii already.... how can i be a fanboy?

It doesn't really matter. Your post history says otherwise.