Forums - Sony Discussion - EDGE REVIEW: Metal Gear Solid 4

@bigfatj

IGN gave it 9.9
CVG gave it 9.5
gamepro 10/10
GAME master 9.7/10

what are you talking about?

Around the Network

Hang on a minute....i thought they only gave 10/10 to Halo 3....they gave 10/10 to ALL THREE HALOS!!!

Edge can suck my balls from now on. If this isnt pro-xbox 360 (giving a measly 8 to possibly the most groundbreaking game ever) then im a chimp and my name is bart simpson

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

TheBigFatJ said:
It seems like all of the sources that aren't official playstation magazine are giving it 8/10 and all of the official playstation magazines are giving it 10/10.

Why the disparity?
After all the hype the game revieved as the first big PS3 exclusive (actually there were many titles hyped as the first big PS3 exclusive, but after poor sales they were played down), did you ever envisage official PS magazines giving the game less than perfect scores?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

kowenicki said:
Imperial said:
kowenicki said:

I dont get the Sony fanboys on this site.... its pathetic.

You do not own the game yet!!!

"wont accept less than 9/10", "I give all Ps3 10/10" its a joke it really is. Nintendo and 360 fans can be bad,... but nowhere near this level of childish stupidity. I am having increasing difficulty in sorting the sarcastic from the real these days......

So starting numerous threads about one company is worse than saying I don't like a review for a game that I really like.

Have a slice of STFU.

Have no idea what you just said.... but...

someone giving their own opinion is one thing... saying it is unnacceptable for someone else to be allowed to give theirs is another. You didnt say you didnt like a review... you said i wont accept anything less than a 9/10 thats blind fanboyism for a game you havent even played yet!

Carefull buddy, logic and facts only makes fanboys angrier...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
starcraft said:
TheBigFatJ said:
It seems like all of the sources that aren't official playstation magazine are giving it 8/10 and all of the official playstation magazines are giving it 10/10.

Why the disparity?
After all the hype the game revieved as the first big PS3 exclusive (actually there were many titles hyped as the first big PS3 exclusive, but after poor sales they were played down), did you ever envisage official PS magazines giving the game less than perfect scores?

starcraft I know you enjoy if it gets low scores,,but here are some of the non PS magasine ones:

IGN gave it 9.9
CVG gave it 9.5
gamepro 10/10
GAME master 9.7/10

Around the Network
TheBigFatJ said:

Why the disparity?

Simple, the Playstation magazines have guys that have the PS since the early days. Therefore they probably loved the first three Metal Gears and the new one is exactly what they were looking for. 

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

kowenicki said:
colonelstubbs said:
kowenicki said:

"wont accept less than 9/10", "I give all Ps3 10/10"  its a joke it really is.  Nintendo and 360 fans can be bad,... but nowhere near this level of childish stupidity.  I am having increasing difficulty in sorting the sarcastic from the real these days......

Oh its you again. Are you on some sort of quest to put down every Sony fan on this site?

Just dont like fanboys... not just sony ones mind.   its just that Sony ones seem to be the most rabid and juvenile.  sony fans are one thing... but blind faith and loyalty to a corporation needs medical help.

May i introduce to you: Mark Mathewzz.

Some quotes: GTA 4 only sold 500 units on ps3. Ps3 sold 5000 hardware. 360 sold 8 billion consoles.

He is the worst fanboy of the world, atleast Chad Warden is funny. Check out mark mathez video on youtube.

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

Kratos said:
kowenicki said:
colonelstubbs said:
kowenicki said:

"wont accept less than 9/10", "I give all Ps3 10/10" its a joke it really is. Nintendo and 360 fans can be bad,... but nowhere near this level of childish stupidity. I am having increasing difficulty in sorting the sarcastic from the real these days......

Oh its you again. Are you on some sort of quest to put down every Sony fan on this site?

Just dont like fanboys... not just sony ones mind. its just that Sony ones seem to be the most rabid and juvenile. sony fans are one thing... but blind faith and loyalty to a corporation needs medical help.

May i introduce to you: Mark Mathewzz.

Some quotes: GTA 4 only sold 500 units on ps3. Ps3 sold 5000 hardware. 360 sold 8 billion consoles.

He is the worst fanboy of the world, atleast Chad Warden is funny. Check out mark mathez video on youtube.

Mark Mathewz sounds like an annoying Xbot.

colonelstubbs said:
Hang on a minute....i thought they only gave 10/10 to Halo 3....they gave 10/10 to ALL THREE HALOS!!!

Edge can suck my balls from now on. If this isnt pro-xbox 360 (giving a measly 8 to possibly the most groundbreaking game ever) then im a chimp and my name is bart simpson
It may be a good game, but whats groundbreaking about MGS4 exactly?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
colonelstubbs said:

It may be a good game, but whats groundbreaking about MGS4 exactly?

I'll answer that if you can tell me why all three bleedin' halos deserved 10s

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot