By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGS4 the most controversial reviews in the world.

Rock_on_2008 said:
MGS 4 deserves perfect scores across the board. It is a shame that it will not happen. An 8 out of 10 from Edge put an end to MGS 4 of getting the highest review score average of all time. :(

Yes, and oh how I rejoiced. Also, this topic is about MGS4 being over-rated, not under-rated. It appears Konami is trying to artificially boost review scores to increase sales. This is obvious, and all reviews that come out based on the embargo of information might as well not count.

Anyway, I'm sure MGS4 is a fine game, but "the best game of all time" can't be a niche title like MGS4, it has to be a game that can appeal to everyone once they start playing it. MGS4 probably ain't it. No game that relies as much on story as MGS does, will ever be crowned "best game of all time." Especially considering the niche nature of the MGS series. To the average gamer, giving the best MGS yet an 8 is about right.

Of course, to fans it'll be a 10, and to me it'll be a 10, but that's where the term "fanboy" comes from, now isn't it. It's funny when your not hoisting it at Nintendo fans about games like Brawl, now isn't it? Same princible. If it was Jump man in MGS4 and not Snake, would we really be that excited about it?

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:

Anyway, I'm sure MGS4 is a fine game, but "the best game of all time" can't be a niche title like MGS4

If that's your definition, games like OoT and GTA don't qualify either. We should give the title to Tetris, Solitaire, or Mine Sweeper.

maybe Wii Sports. 

Rock_on_2008 said:

Every game on PS3 deserves a minimum of 9 out of 10. Most PS3 games deserve perfect scores- 10 out of 10.

Reviewers should not think for themselves they are supposed to help sell games by giving high review scores for console exclusive games.

The sad part is even though he's joking (possibly) there's idiots out there who seriously fall into this horrid train of thought.

TheRealMafoo said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

Anyway, I'm sure MGS4 is a fine game, but "the best game of all time" can't be a niche title like MGS4

If that's your definition, games like OoT and GTA don't qualify either. We should give the title to Tetris, Solitaire, or Mine Sweeper.

maybe Wii Sports. 

And wii play!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

CVG and Gamesradar are helping to show Snakes different camouflage techniques.

Around the Network
Rock_on_2008 said:
kowenicki said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
MGS 4 deserves perfect scores across the board. It is a shame that it will not happen. An 8 out of 10 from Edge put an end to MGS 4 of getting the highest review score average of all time. :(

damn those people from edge and their ability to think for themselves and bring an objective and balanced review of a game rather that succumbing to fan power and the sheep mentality

Every game on PS3 deserves a minimum of 9 out of 10. Most PS3 games deserve perfect scores- 10 out of 10.

Reviewers should not think for themselves they are supposed to help sell games by giving high review scores for console exclusive games.

lmaooo you are a funny guy i like you

ChronotriggerJM said:

@Kowen, it's usually pretty well renounced that IGN is still an unbiased source for reviews also, they're opinion is usually highly respected from every type of "fanboy", but I'm pretty sure we don't want to go with they're 9.9 score do we? :P

IGN UK is a faaaarrr cry from the main site.

are they really? I mean....they gave Haze a 4.5, the main site gave it a 4.5. UK gave Halo 3 a 9.5, the main site gave it a 9.5. Hell, UK gave Twilight Pincess a 9.5, and the main site gave it a 9.5. I don't see how it's so much of a "far cry".....hahahaha FarCry

kowenicki said:
colonelstubbs said:
kowenicki said:
Rock_on_2008 said:

damn those people from edge and their ability to think for themselves and bring an objective and balanced review of a game rather that succumbing to fan power and the sheep mentality

Your anti sony rampage is pretty sucky

Where have i been anti-Sony? show me. Interesting that you decided to pick out my post from the two above as in someway biased because Rock On's is so level headed isnt it.

Most of your posts have a 360 fanboy/anti PS3 undertone to them if not directly, there is no reason to deny it if it's your opinion.

Well, as long as it is clear they're using PSM3's review it isn't really a problem. It shouldn't be counted more than once at metacritic and gamerankings of course, but that really is up to those sites and not CVG and Gamesradar. As far as giving different scores, what does PSM3 give it? Cause Gamesradar is using a 10 point scale so they simply can't give it a 9.5 like CVG does.