By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Where are the titles for the older Wii owners??

Words Of Wisdom said:
Imperial said:
@ WoW

GTA IV
Gears of War
Killzone
MGS4

just to name of few of the top of the head.

I'm thinking the FPS games are more angled at the drinking frat-boy age generation, not older owners.

Metal Gear Soild is a niche series in itself so it's not specifically targetting any age generation.

GTA4 is also targetting the young adult crowd. 

Every MGS game has sold over 3 mil copies,and it's niche?What kind of game that deals in political issues and conspiracies is not geared towards adults?

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:
Blame Nintendo.Their whole strategy is too have a system and games that appeal to the casual gamer.

Provide a link to a Nintendo representative who says that Nintendo's strategy is to appeal to the casual gamer.

You're clueless right?

RolStoppable said:
Imperial said:
@ WoW

GTA IV
Gears of War
Killzone
MGS4

This topic isn't about M-rated games, it's about games adults are interested in.

Since adults would be the only one's legally able to buy the games (forgive me if this a stupid assumption) woudln't the developers aim the games at adults hence the game would be interesting towards adults?

I dunno maybe it's just me. 

*bleu-ocelot* said:
RolStoppable said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:
Blame Nintendo.Their whole strategy is too have a system and games that appeal to the casual gamer.

Provide a link to a Nintendo representative who says that Nintendo's strategy is to appeal to the casual gamer.

You're clueless right?

Look. You can't help it. Age some more, and you will understand.

*bleu-ocelot* said:
RolStoppable said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:

You're clueless right?

no you on the other hand clearly are.

Around the Network
*bleu-ocelot* said:

sure games like MP3,zelda TP,disaster day of crisis,SMG,SSBB,MKwii,SPM dont appeal to the core gamer

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

*bleu-ocelot* said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Imperial said:
@ WoW

GTA IV
Gears of War
Killzone
MGS4

I'm thinking the FPS games are more angled at the drinking frat-boy age generation, not older owners.

Metal Gear Soild is a niche series in itself so it's not specifically targetting any age generation.

GTA4 is also targetting the young adult crowd.

Every MGS game has sold over 3 mil copies,and it's niche?What kind of game that deals in political issues and conspiracies is not geared towards adults?

Are you one of those silly people who believes that niche automatically equals low sales?

RolStoppable said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:
RolStoppable said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:

You're clueless right?

Provide evidence for your claim (bolded), otherwise you are just trolling.

It's pretty clear their entire strategy is to apeal to everyone , we don't have to see any official documentation to proove this . In order to understand what their strategy we can look at the result of it , Software. It's pretty clear the casual market is a signifcant part of Nintendo's business which is why we have titles like Wii-Fit, Wii-Play, Wii-Sports etc, it's also apparent that Nintendo want to diversify their product hence we see titles such as No More Heroes , Monster Hunter 3 , Metroid Prime 3.

The is a brain age for the Wii, Wiifit, Super paper mario, SMG, Fire Emblem from nintendo seem to fit the 30-70 range you are saying. But yes i agree there arnt any good RTS that i can think of, well Battalion Wars for wii was fun.

"Like you know"

Words Of Wisdom said:
Give some examples of games for "older owners" on other consoles please.

To be honest I don't think the PS3 or 360 has much either nor do they have that much of an older audience - especially 360. PS3 will get some with blu thought.

Buzz, Singstar, C&C3, Scene It although I must admit I never played any of those. I'd love to say Mass Effect but to me at any rate, by turning it more into a shooter they lowered the age appeal. Really PS3/360 are all about the 15-35 yr/old market.

Some of this market is new (retired crowd) and for others the other gaming system would be PC (or maybe 2600 or so). PC game makers have long been shooting themselves in the foot by chasing high-end graphics beyond what the mass market owns so it's really killed itself except for games that appeal to those willing to shell out for high end systems (FPS, etc).

The only thriving game market for 40+ is flash games and maybe WoW. Women 40+ are the biggest user of flash games and such.

But RPGs, RTS, Strategy, story-based games, puzzles, arcade and SIMs are missing big time and those would have more appeal with this market too.