By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I played Ninja Gaiden 2 today for 4 hours and...

Shameless said:
BengaBenga said:
Aaaaarghhhh I hate exclusives. How am I ever going to be able to decide between PS3 or 360????

Heavenly Sword vs Ninja Gaiden 2: 360
Lost Odysse vs Final Fantasy 13: PS3
White Knight Chronicles vs Infinite Discovery: Undecided
Tales of Vesperia vs Valkyrie: 360
Blue Dragon vs hmm we're out of PS3 RPG's: 360
Splinter Cell vs MGS: tough one, but even though I absolutely hated MGS2 I think: PS3
Halo 3 vs Killzone: I hate generic FPSes with aliens
Ratchet vs Banjo: PS3 (since Banjo will be 80% racing)
Fable 2 vs Uncharted: 360
Little Big Planet vs Viva Pinata: PS3
Gears 2 vs Resistance 2: 360

That's 360: 5, PS3: 4. Doesn't really help. I hope Capcom screws up one version of RE5.

Get both; the 360 is cheap enough now and you get the bonus of having a blu ray player.

I have to disagree with Rocketpig's opinions about R&C however. The flying levels weren't that bad and constituted barely 20-30 minutes of playtime. Shooting was fine unless you expect it to be on GoW's level or something.

I haven't met a person before you who didn't despise the flying levels. They were terrible.

And the shooting is slowwwwwwww. I felt stuck in molasses while playing. For a platformer, slow=death to the game. The game's fast parts (flying with the wings, sliding rails) only made the shooting more unbearable because it showed the player just how good the game could be once you stopped shooting for a moment.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

I played Ninja Gaiden 2 last night for a few hours and I was blown away. The thing that made it stand out even more was I had just finished playing DMC4 before I put the game on. To me Ninja Gaiden 2 is leagues ahead of DMC4 when it comes to gameplay. The camera is way better too.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Goddbless said:
I played Ninja Gaiden 2 last night for a few hours and I was blown away. The thing that made it stand out even more was I had just finished playing DMC4 before I put the game on. To me Ninja Gaiden 2 is leagues ahead of DMC4 when it comes to gameplay. The camera is way better too.

DMC4 was a lot more stylish and presentation is a little nicer...most people can look cool playing DMC off the bat too so it has wider appeal.

I enjoyed both but yeah, NG has the combat edge over DMC4 by a wide margin. Music too... Music in DMC 4 was same over and over. NG2 gets my vote for best music in game this year thus far.

I enjoy this game just as much as I enjoyed NGB. Reviewers have made too big of a deal with the camera. Could it be better? Of course, but it works fine for me. Played the first and second levels last night and only encountered one or two problems. One was when you're in the building going up the fairly tight stairwells. Turned a corner, the camera didn't really follow and I proceeded to get caught off guard and pummeled by 5 guys. Ran back down the stairs a bit and took care of them. My problem is I wasn't using the RT enough.

lol, I'm glad my struggle is now shared with you guys!

To help myself out I will include your logic:

I'm a big Final Fantasy fan, so that's 30 pts for PS3 (20 main series, 10 spin-off)
I'm a big RPG fan, so that's 50 points for 360, 20 for PS3 (10 pts per RPG*)
Looking forward to LBP: 5 pts for PS3
MGS4 will get 10 pts for the story and -20 for every cutscene over half an hour = -50
Changes KOTOR will come to 360: +25
Mass Effect 360: +5
Bioshock (old) 360: +5
Bioshock (new) PS3: +20
Halo 3 360: +0
Resistance PS3: Originality: 0, Unnecessary hype: -10
Gears of War 360: +5
Fable 2 360 +5
Ninja gaiden 2 360: +5
Red Ring of Death 360: -70
Uncharted PS3: +5
Ratchet & Clank: Rocketpig thinks it sucks: -20
I hate generic shooters, so that's -30 for 360

360: 0, PS3: 0

Thanks for your help guys!

*360: Tales of Vesperia, Lost Odyssee, Blue Dragon, IU and Eternal Sonata
PS3: WKS, Valkyrie (We've already counted FF)

Around the Network

LOL. Glad we could help you out, Benga.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Great... yet another game I'm going to need to spend money on. You guys are killing my budget.

BengaBenga said:
lol, I'm glad my struggle is now shared with you guys!

To help myself out I will include your logic:

I'm a big Final Fantasy fan, so that's 30 pts for PS3 (20 main series, 10 spin-off)
I'm a big RPG fan, so that's 50 points for 360, 20 for PS3 (10 pts per RPG*)
Looking forward to LBP: 5 pts for PS3
MGS4 will get 10 pts for the story and -20 for every cutscene over half an hour = -50
Changes KOTOR will come to 360: +25
Mass Effect 360: +5
Bioshock (old) 360: +5
Bioshock (new) PS3: +20
Halo 3 360: +0
Resistance PS3: Originality: 0, Unnecessary hype: -10
Gears of War 360: +5
Fable 2 360 +5
Ninja gaiden 2 360: +5
Red Ring of Death 360: -70
Uncharted PS3: +5
Ratchet & Clank: Rocketpig thinks it sucks: -20
I hate generic shooters, so that's -30 for 360

360: 0, PS3: 0

Thanks for your help guys!

*360: Tales of Vesperia, Lost Odyssee, Blue Dragon, IU and Eternal Sonata
PS3: WKS, Valkyrie (We've already counted FF)

That's an interesting list you got there.  I do have one question... how does Bioshock (new) get +20 for PS3 when it's available on the 360 as well?

That's an interesting list you got there. I do have one question... how does Bioshock (new) get +20 for PS3 when it's available on the 360 as well?

Well, obviously because it's new and improved...
Bioschock 360 is sooo yesterday...

BengaBenga said:

That's an interesting list you got there. I do have one question... how does Bioshock (new) get +20 for PS3 when it's available on the 360 as well?

Well, obviously because it's new and improved...
Bioschock 360 is sooo yesterday...

You know, I thought I could hear humor passing overhead but it was so far up there it just flew right past...