By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I played Ninja Gaiden 2 today for 4 hours and...

BengaBenga said:
Aaaaarghhhh I hate exclusives. How am I ever going to be able to decide between PS3 or 360????

Heavenly Sword vs Ninja Gaiden 2: 360
Lost Odysse vs Final Fantasy 13: PS3
White Knight Chronicles vs Infinite Discovery: Undecided
Tales of Vesperia vs Valkyrie: 360
Blue Dragon vs hmm we're out of PS3 RPG's: 360
Splinter Cell vs MGS: tough one, but even though I absolutely hated MGS2 I think: PS3
Halo 3 vs Killzone: I hate generic FPSes with aliens
Ratchet vs Banjo: PS3 (since Banjo will be 80% racing)
Fable 2 vs Uncharted: 360
Little Big Planet vs Viva Pinata: PS3
Gears 2 vs Resistance 2: 360

That's 360: 5, PS3: 4. Doesn't really help. I hope Capcom screws up one version of RE5.

There are other games you know? Folklore, Mass effect, Velvett Assassin, Left 4 dead (Valve), Orange box (PS3 version is bad?) Too Human, Alone in the dark...

Why not pick the genres you favour and use a weighted system. 3pts for say RPGs because they are your must plays, 2 pts for your next best one/two genres and then 1 pnt for every game outside of it you like and finally slap a tilt of 1-5 points for the system you like the most - Controls, features, price etc and compare the scores.

Tease.

Around the Network

@Benga Benga

look at how much each game value is

imo

Final Fantasy 13 = 3 wins for PS3 on its own

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
@Benga Benga

look at how much each game value is

imo

Final Fantasy 13 = 3 wins for PS3 on its own

Left 4 Dead is worth 5 wins for the Xbox360.

So Left 4 Dead - Not having FF13 is still worth 2 wins! ^^

Tease.

@squiliam

well that makes no sense...

At least I said a title from the premier RPG series of video games i worth 3 wins....you are just picking any random title

if thats the case MGS4 is 10 wins & LBP is 15 wins for innovating....something which only nintendo do

darthdevidem01 said:
@squiliam

well that makes no sense...

At least I said a title from the premier RPG series of video games i worth 3 wins....you are just picking any random title

if thats the case MGS4 is 10 wins & LBP is 15 wins for innovating....something which only nintendo do

Well it depends on what type of games you like also. The FF series became 0 wins for me after I tried playing FF8.(I still own FF1/4/5/6/7 the good/decent ones for me and 8/10 even though I think they suck :( ) On the other hand, Dragon Quest is worth +10 wins for me and that's the reason I'm going to buy a DS Lite!

MGS is also worth 0 wins to me, as I never got into the series...

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network
disolitude said:

...the game absolutely owns! I am creating this thread to de-mistify some of the rumors I've seen on sites ond forums.

Too Difficult - not true

I was a moderate fan of the NG Black on Xbox but I thought it was too hard. On top of that if you decided to play on easy after dying 3 times, the game made you feel like shit by saying you suck over and over.

This is not the case in Gaiden 2. Thanks to the fact that your energy meter refils after every fight other than the permanent damage, and health is regenerated at every save point, with lots of save points... this game is finally playable even by non hardcore members of the gaming comunity. Its still challenging, but not frustratingly hard for beginners thanks to the easy mode that is selectable right away.

Visuals - great

Game looks better than NG Sigma, quite easily. More body parts flying, more detail and variety in models and faster action. People are saying its lil 585p or something. You won't notice anything like that because the action is so fast and brotal...the game didn't stutter at all for the first 4 levels too which is a plus.

Audio - amazing

This has to be one of the best musical soundtracks I've ever heard. The music pumps you up like crazy...its reminds me of the music in the bike chase sequence of the Matrix sequel. Sound fx are top notch.

Gameplay too similar and not evolving - complete bullshit

This is the biggest bullshit I've heard from reviewers about this game. Like GTA4 is the exact same game to me asGFTA3, with same driving missions, same framerate and control problems and same ultimate sandbox gameplay and it gets a 10 from everyone. While everyone seems to be ripping in to this game for being "more of the same". This game doesn't re-invent the wheel with gameplay...but its definetly fine tuned to a point where it makes other games like this (such as DMC or god of war) look like try hard-wannabies. Those games have more style but much less substance. The gameplay is perfect for veterans and great for people starting the series (on easy). 2 played online deathmatch would have been amazing...but thats something that we may get in DLC later maybe.

In any case, this is the leading candidate for game of the year for me...and MGS4 better be amazing when it comes out in 2 weeks as this is the one to beat in my books.

Thanks for your info... my copy is coming south...

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

^but cause you dont like the series doesnt mean other people dont

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

LOL. Everything PS3 is worth a billion points... as that is the only way PS3 game total > 360 game total right now in points... worth... math... or something.

@disolitude

no what I said was completely sane

some wins on Benga Benga's list need to have priorites...

say if Fable 2 "just" won against uncharted....while FF13 is very much awaited by him..obviously he would still go with PS3

as Fable 2 just won by a little bit while FF13 was very awaited.

@darthdevidem01

Even if you are right and can somehow read his mind on which games he will like the most...he can buy a ps3 and have it collect dust for another year till FF13 comes out?

PS3 will probably be 100 bucks cheaper by the time FF13 comes out. So will the 360...but most of those games he listed for the 360 are out now or coming out in 3 months.