By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Incremental number of posts in threads..

I'd like to see Incremental numbering of posts in threads. Perhaps a little number in the top right that indicates the chronological number of the post in question. It's easy to direct a person to a page, with the posts numbered you'd just have to tell them the number. Also, I'd like to have the thread page be customizable between 50/75/100. Some long threads you just want everything on one page and being able to have 100 would help that.

Around the Network

thats not a bad idea,it would help in big threads to have 100 posts

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

100 posts will load long....The last weeks VGCHARTZ is loading slower for me..

the number system is great, it would be good to then have that number like an anchor so you can link some one directly to that exact post, it would then save them from having to scroll to the number ;)

If at first you don't succeed, you fail

SnowWhitesDrug said:
the number system is great, it would be good to then have that number like an anchor so you can link some one directly to that exact post, it would then save them from having to scroll to the number ;)

Yeah, that would definitely be a cool feature!

Around the Network

i like the idea of having a choice in the matter

Sounds like a great idea. Good thinking Mr. Fkusumot. Personally, I'd like it if there was a separate post history for when people quoted your post or post with your quotes in them and maybe a notice could pop up, when it happened.

konnichiwa said:
100 posts will load long....The last weeks VGCHARTZ is loading slower for me..

ioi needs to upgrade like Beyonce.....Yo!

:)

Sounds like a good suggestion. Hopefully ioi and his mod team will act upon this suggestion.

fkusumot said:
SnowWhitesDrug said:
Yeah, that would definitely be a cool feature!
Yeah, too bad we don't already have that.

[edit: Oh nevermind, I get what you mean now. But what with timestamps and the Find function, it's a low priority for me.]

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!