By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN Nintendo Voice Chat - Capcom Wii third person sci-fi game incoming

Yes thank you Japanese developers, but given Japan right now what other choice do you have haha. But still, I think Nintendo is pulling strings with Japanese developers to get this to happen. I mean MH3 then Fatal Frame 4 now this. Nintendo is at least making some movies in the land of the rising sun. Reggie needs to do some more in America apparently though.

Around the Network
Zucas said:
Yes thank you Japanese developers, but given Japan right now what other choice do you have haha. But still, I think Nintendo is pulling strings with Japanese developers to get this to happen. I mean MH3 then Fatal Frame 4 now this. Nintendo is at least making some movies in the land of the rising sun. Reggie needs to do some more in America apparently though.

No like the on the ds, once you get the japanese market the western follows. Maybe not all of it but at least some if not most.

sc94597 said:
tabsina said:
So, are:
"Capcom event
- Coverage going up at 5 AM PST tomorrow
- Third-person Sci-Fi action game will be revealed"
and
"- New Capcom game that will be revealed tomorrow involves puzzling & questing at the same time"

talking about the same game? they seem to be different.. but if they are both revealed tomorrow, it may be the same one.. can't wait to see what it is.. and i'm going to take a stab and say there will be plenty of "boycott capcom" threads tomorrow if people aren't happy :P

Yeah but isn't tommorow capcom's gamer day?

touche

DS is different. It's in the handheld market, where the PSP isn't profitable, but the DS is. It's not like Wii where PS360 are also profitable. In the handheld market it's either DS, or have a huge risk with a much smaller chance of reward.

Zucas said:
DS is different. It's in the handheld market, where the PSP isn't profitable, but the DS is. It's not like Wii where PS360 are also profitable. In the handheld market it's either DS, or have a huge risk with a much smaller chance of reward.
The ds started in the same situation as the wii. http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=28399

Around the Network

Doesn't mean PSP software was ever profitable. Remember PsP has fought a lot of piracy for one. Secondly it wasn't first seen as much of a gaming device rather a multimedia device. It's only recently that it's moreso seen as a gaming device.

The DS however has always been the developers handheld of choice.

Zucas said:
Doesn't mean PSP software was ever profitable. Remember PsP has fought a lot of piracy for one. Secondly it wasn't first seen as much of a gaming device rather a multimedia device. It's only recently that it's moreso seen as a gaming device.

The DS however has always been the developers handheld of choice.
NO it hasn't look at hese charts.

From the thread I linked.

From the wise one Rol "

At launch and shortly after, the DS mostly got poor 3rd party games often consisting of minigames which utilized the stylus, with Sega's Project Rub (Feel the Magic XX/XY) being one of the better games. There was also a number of ports of N64 games, most of which didn't work out well, like Rayman 2.

The first good 3rd party game was Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow in September 2005, but I think it was mainly developed on DS because the producer of the game didn't think that a 2D game would sell on the PSP (or the home consoles), so the DS was the only option to make the game for in his eyes.

By the middle of 2005 Japanese publishers had noticed that the DS could keep up with the PSP and that software sales on the DS were clearly better than on Sony's handheld. That, and development for the DS was much cheaper.

The releases of Nintendogs and Brain Training had a large impact on hardware sales in the latter half of 2005 and the DS really started to pull ahead of the PSP. In the first half of 2006 more worthwile 3rd party games were released and in the latter half of 2006 you could see the first results of projects started in mid 2005.

By 2007 the DS had a steady stream of quality 3rd party support and the handheld previously bashed, became praised by the same people."

Well don't believe me then.

Zucas said:
Well don't believe me then.

Name me all this support the ds got it's first two years. 

Shaun White
- Wii has unique visual style - cartoonish
- Not a port of the other versions
- Focuses on Wii Balance Board
- Visuals look nice, turn balance board sideways
- Remote used for tricks

Really? It must lose a LOT in taking screenshots then...

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)