By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If you really want to protest Ubisoft

I'm sorry, but boycotting games you had no intention of buying anyway is not only destined to fail at making a statement or causing Ubisoft to take notice, it's utterly pathetic as well.  If any of you guys are actually serious and willing to take some action instead of spouting off a bunch of text on a forum in anonymity, you need to do something a little more creative.

Today I ordered a 60cm plastic shovel off of Amazon.fr and sent it to Ubisoft HQ, care of their Wii Division, along with the note:

"Voici un cadeau pour vous aider avec votre "shovelware" de Wii. Bonne chance avec cela Nintendo-comme la qualité!

De: Propriétaire contrarié de Wii"

Or, translated:

"Here's a gift to help you with your Wii shovelware.  Good luck with that Nintendo-like quality!

My French is a bit rusty but that's pretty good imo, and it only cost 10 euros and a few minutes of my time ordering online.   The address I chose is publically available off their corporate website, and the French Amazon is a direct parallel to the English versions so it's pretty easy to navigate even if you don't know any French.  (I used Amazon.fr since it's a helluva lot cheaper for shipping, as Ubisoft HQ is in Paris.)

So can you put your money where your mouth is?  Or are you just another fanboy full of empty words? 

Around the Network

Haha very entertaining. Yeah, Ubisoft isn't going to care about a Boycott, but they'll at the least be insulted and annoyed if they are flooded with a mass of plastic shovels. XD

A+ job.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I am at a loss for words.

wow, i am quite impress, You win.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network

awesome

Thats Hardcore! :)

Almost so good as the Spanish sending dogshit to Sony Europe =p.

First of all, it was meant to be a general boycott, but I like this idea better.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

i'm sending them back my demo of haze. ha!

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)