By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EU SW & HW SALES UP! ----- STEADY Week!

and both handhelds doing well, Europe (Others, I call it Europe) is DS's and PSP's best region, and PS3's best region and the 360 and Wii doing well.. you gotta love Europe

''Hadouken!''

Around the Network

^right now 360 is also selling more in europe then in america

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

and the PS2s best region too, selling this week again triple the amount of PS2 's sold in America last week

''Hadouken!''

so PS2, PS3, NDS and PSP rule the best in Europe.. impressive

''Hadouken!''

The only reasonable answer is many PS3 owners thought it would be like Halo 3(a game they prolly want) and was further interested when they saw the ads. Also, this is the first big exclusive PS3 game in a while. Maybe boredom also caused them to buy it. Many reasons...

Around the Network
Ajax said:
so PS2, PS3, NDS and PSP rule the best in Europe.. impressive

yeah europe is getting very big this gen

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

darthdevidem01 said:
EU is becoming the dominant market slowly

I wouldn't use the word "dominant".

Wii sales by Region
PS3 sales by Region
360 sales by Region

As you can see other than the PS3 NA is a far better selling territory for both the Wii and obviously the 360.  Software sales for most titles also seem to be better in NA although I haven't done the math neccessary to see what the attach rates are since the userbase by regions vary so it could very well be that comparitively SW does better in Others. 

The PS3 situation is really intriguing as not only is it doing better in Europe but much better to the point that even a delayed release didn't keep it from selling better LTD there than in NA.

RolStoppable said:
Codemasters needs to bring GRID to the Wii, they also did a DS version after all. I want GRID!

I know, it's a real shame. At least you can play it on the DS.

azrm2k said:
darthdevidem01 said:

I wouldn't use the word "dominant".

Wii sales by Region
PS3 sales by Region
360 sales by Region

As you can see other than the PS3 NA is a far better selling territory for both the Wii and obviously the 360.  Software sales for most titles also seem to be better in NA although I haven't done the math neccessary to see what the attach rates are since the userbase by regions vary so it could very well be that comparitively SW does better in Others. 

The PS3 situation is really intriguing as not only is it doing better in Europe but much better to the point that even a delayed release didn't keep it from selling better LTD there than in NA.

that's PS3, NDS, PSP in Europe versus 360 and Wii in the US.. so Europe is leading with 3 of the 5 systems, plus, also very important for developers, Europe is more profitable, because of high prices and the strong currency's, the Pound and the Euro (and no it's not only because of high taxes, things are actually more expensive here)

''Hadouken!''

darthdevidem01 said:
@azrm

yeah your right...if it doesn't get to a million by R2....no chance

R2 itself will kill it of.
______
@STever 89

_______
I must say again WOW @ 360

price drop made it go from a standard of 40K to 70K

EU becoming the larger market doesn't explain why every console (and I mean EVERY console) is doing better in the EU/Others market except for the Wii.

I'm starting to think it's two different factors. The first factor being the HD consoles are hitting their price satuation point in NA, the 360 more so than the PS3, while the Wii has a very high perceived value (meaning it's cheap not because of it's price, but because it's perceived to have a high value for a low price). This is causing lower sales for the HD consoles in NA, but the Wii continues to have high sales. While in the EU/Others market, the 360 has just had a price drop, not to mention the GTA4, and Sony has strong brand loyalt, so their sales are just now taking off. While the Wii on ther other hand may not have the high perceived value that it does in NA, so it's sales are lower and a bit more normal. Probably stronger competition has a little bit to do with it as well.