By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I did it- a bought a PS3.

Since you don't have a 360 why not buy some of the big multiplats? (GTA4, CoD4, etc)

Personally, due to the multi's having, imo, a better online and nothing from Sony 1st party that I'd kill for I would have went 360, BUT, there are plenty of decent games to make your PS3 worth it.

Do you have an HDTV? If so, start renting some nice blurays.

Around the Network

WOW./

talk about bad game choice...

Get R & C...uncharted....MGS4.....GT 5 Prologue.....COD4

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

@OP

yeah, don't spout nonsense like that.
If you have a big HD tv, the PS3 pays for itself through the BD and HD playback.

I found it surprising that you do not want to buy COD4 or GTA4. (as you mentioned in the other thread)

I don't know your situation, so I have no room to judge you, but:

To not have the interest to get GTAIV, you must either
1) have it for another system,
2)have no one else around when you game games
3) can't justify the cost of any game at this point in time.

Other than that, I can't fathom a practical reason for not buying the game.
Even if you are not big on the past GTA games, even if your friend has it and you play it a lot at their house (even more of a reason to get it), You should still buy it.

IMO it is an insult to your PS3, a disservice not to buy GTAIV.
Give your games library some oomph.
Give Your life some fun!
Do yourself a favor.
And get over what ever reason to not buy the game that exists in your mind, and buy GTAIV.

You won't regret or forget the decision.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

well i bought CoD4, but its not amazing to me since ive played it a few times before.

hey, i do need some big help tho. it says i need to sign up for playstation online or something...
it needs my credit card..
does that mean i have to pay?

Phoenix_Wiight said:
well i bought CoD4, but its not amazing to me since ive played it a few times before.

hey, i do need some big help tho. it says i need to sign up for playstation online or something...

No you don't...you will online have to insert your credit card number if you plan on buying things off the PSN Store. If you are not just skip that step and move on so you can have a PSN ID :)

Around the Network

Dude, so let me get this straight, you spent $400.00 + tax without doing any research about what games you want on the console. You pick up a lunch title RFOM (BTW very good lunch title) which you didn't like and then jump to the conclusion or wondering if the $400.00 console is a waste of your money. Personally I am sick and tired of people trying to get us the community to justify their console purchases for them. I am not trying to jump your case but this post is just going to inflame passions so if you are unimpressed with your PS3 please return the console and go on with your life.

PSN - Kratos0518

try uncharted: drakes fortune. great game.

my top 5 right now. 1. uncharted 2 2. assassin's creed 2 3. god of war 3 4. final fantasy xiii 5. blue dragon: awakened shadow.

congrats on the PS3, your money certainly didn't go to waste. but Resistance is really good. I don't get why you don't like it. I didn't like gears one bit. PS. GET MGS4.

The OP is a contrast....good on ya for getting a PS3

BUT

bad on ya for renting a LAUNCH GAME nearly TWO YEARS after launch and expecting it to still by amazing.

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Phoenix_Wiight said:

I seem to remember that being optional. Think you can skip that and just can't buy stuff online to you give it to them.