By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Ninja Gaiden 2 not so HD 585p

Skeeuk said:
ToastyJaguar said:

check it out.

Still want to compare NGS to NG2?

gametrailers have done it yet again.

they used a slow paced section from sigma, only using 1 wepon and only using basic strikes - CHECK YOURSELF AGAIN PEOPLE IN THE 2 VIDS.

why didnt they use multiple wepons like they did in gaiden 2 footage, gametralers also forgot to show sigma special moves especially the dragon blade level 3 special

poor videogame journalism again! from gametrailers

Seriously dude do you want me to come over to your house with NGS and NG2 and show them on the same tv?!

Every screenshot or clip showing the 2 games is said to be biased.

Around the Network

If you are worried about the game having bad frame rate issues. Read TeamXBox's review. They waited until they got a retail copy and say the difference between it and the review copy are large in terms of performance.

ToastyJaguar said:
Skeeuk said:
ToastyJaguar said:

check it out.

they used a slow paced section from sigma, only using 1 wepon and only using basic strikes - CHECK YOURSELF AGAIN PEOPLE IN THE 2 VIDS.

why didnt they use multiple wepons like they did in gaiden 2 footage, gametralers also forgot to show sigma special moves especially the dragon blade level 3 special

Seriously dude do you want me to come over to your house with NGS and NG2 and show them on the same tv?!

hey TJ

im not saying gaiden 2 doesnt look good, it does look good even if its upscaled, il certainly be getting hold of the game, i just wanted to make a point on the gametrailer videos, in that they didnt use similar footage from sigma ie, more wepons and special moves, when u watch both videos, they have made it out that sigma is kinda slow and doesnt play as good.

usage of just simple strikes in the footage of sigma is laughable, its much more deep than that.

either way gaiden 2 is the new game out now, and is a must buy for fans of gaiden

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

TheBigFatJ said:
If this is running 585p or 576p, either way, it's not HD. HD is defined as 720p, 1080i, or 1080p. The game may output at 720p, but if it's not rendered at one of those three resolutions, it's not HD.

That said, it could still look fine.

So by your definition the PS3 version of GTAIV is NOT HD because the resolution is a bit lower than 720P (what was it 630P or 640P? I forgot) and the only 360 version of GTAIV is in HD because it is at 720P, even though the games look and play very similarly?

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

smbu2000 said:
TheBigFatJ said:
If this is running 585p or 576p, either way, it's not HD. HD is defined as 720p, 1080i, or 1080p. The game may output at 720p, but if it's not rendered at one of those three resolutions, it's not HD.

That said, it could still look fine.

So by your definition the PS3 version of GTAIV is NOT HD because the resolution is a bit lower than 720P (what was it 630P or 640P? I forgot) and the only 360 version of GTAIV is in HD because it is at 720P, even though the games look and play very similarly?

I'm not TheBigFatJ, but no, it's not HD. Upscaling an image doesn't make it HD, otherwise we could also say DVDs are HD since they can be upscaled. If you play your Wii on a HD LCD or Plasma, it's also being upscaled to a HD resolution, but it doesn't make your game HD.

We can argue about looks and gameplay all day, but the definition of HD is pretty strict and it only includes 720p or above as far as I know.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

Semantics. HD is just meant to be a catchy phrase for better than 480i CRT visuals. If otherwise, we have been playing HD games on our PCs for years. Just a marketing phrase.

JaggedSac said:
Semantics. HD is just meant to be a catchy phrase for better than 480i CRT visuals. If otherwise, we have been playing HD games on our PCs for years. Just a marketing phrase.

Sorry if the current definition of HD doesn't make you happy. You're free to submit a new one to the relevant institutions.

BTW 480p is better than 480i and it's called ED (Enhanced definition), which is one more problem with your post.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Skeeuk said:
ToastyJaguar said:
Skeeuk said:
ToastyJaguar said:

check it out.

hey TJ

im not saying gaiden 2 doesnt look good, it does look good even if its upscaled, il certainly be getting hold of the game, i just wanted to make a point on the gametrailer videos, in that they didnt use similar footage from sigma ie, more wepons and special moves, when u watch both videos, they have made it out that sigma is kinda slow and doesnt play as good.

usage of just simple strikes in the footage of sigma is laughable, its much more deep than that.

either way gaiden 2 is the new game out now, and is a must buy for fans of gaiden

Those are just 2 random videos i found myself from gametrailers.com

And by the way, you are kinda saying ng2 doesn't look too good because that's why you started this thread to say "ha oh look at NGS it runs at 720p, why didn't they do the same with NGS". 

Kyros said:
99% of you would never be able to tell a sub-hd game from a full hd game.

Just not true. Of course its a gradual slide but Haze definitely looked blurred. Its of course true that the resolution is just one of many factors defining picture quality. But honestly I'd rather have a one or two effects less and 720p in exchange. Luckily most game designers go this way. I have the suspicion that its more a case of: The game has to ship in 2 months. Should we delay that to optimize the framerate or should we render in lower resolution. Thats of course a valid last resort but I think its good that people are complaining so devs don't use this way without trying.

I think Haze would have looked like crap at 720p native.  Can you tell the difference between GTA4 on the 360 or the PS3? 

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

OMGZors the game will only sell 2 copies now!!!((**$)#($8OMG!!!

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson