By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ubi tries to bail out

rudyrsr8 said:
The saving grace from me not boycotting Ubi right now is because of them publishing No More Heroes.

well its good that they published it,but they didnt develope it so techinically they havent really made any great games on wii

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

I remember Ubi-soft saying that the new Prince of Persia will be heavily influenced by Zelda TP, this was back in I believe march or february... I just assumed it would be on the Wii... oh well.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

LordTheNightKnight said:
rocketpig said:

Glad to know that kind of hypocrisy (sic) pisses you off. If you were to actually understand my point, it wasn't the complaints that were irritating me, it was the stupid fucking boycott of a company that isn't producing games Wii owners want. Say that you won't support Ubisoft, fine. But to boycott a company for such an inane reason is fucking ridiculous. They're a private enterprise. If this is truly a bad decision, they will feel it in their pocketbook.

And if you still can't see the difference between Wii fans bitching about games they haven't played and will never see versus the whorejob Bethesda is doing to an already-established IP in Fallout, then I don't know what to say. But keep on rockin' the word hypocrite, man. Whatever floats your boat.

No, it's was not that they weren't producing the games they wanted. It was that they were also making piss poor efforts on most of the Wii games they were making, combined with what we though was an official response, that came across as insulting our intelligence.

So again, it wasn't that games aren't being made. It was that games aren't being made, the games that are look like shovelware, and it looked as though they were telling us those are the games Wii owners actually want.

So it was ubisoft seemingly insulting consumers that set this off.

Now ubisoft states that response isn't official, so that means I'll wait and see. Yet that doesn't make us wrong for being upset at first, since we didn't have a way to know that wasn't their official postition. 

Is that really a reason to boycott a company? If dumb PR statements were a good enough reason to make such a stink, the entire world would be boycotting Sony for Ken Kutaragi alone, not to mention Peter Dille and all the other jackasses in that company.

And MS would be boycotted for, well, for being Microsoft.

Fuck it, let's not play any videogames at all. Let's just boycott everybody except Valve because they're about the only developer on Earth that has never put out a bad game. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

dib8rman said:
I remember Ubi-soft saying that the new Prince of Persia will be heavily influenced by Zelda TP, this was back in I believe march or february... I just assumed it would be on the Wii... oh well.

its influenced by a wii game but it isnt on wii,thats why i hate ubi

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

RolStoppable said:
Hey rocketpig, how many times have you posted in this thread? Don't you have something better to do than bitching about people who bitch about Ubisoft?

Write your Haze review. I am looking forward to it.

Nope, got nothin' better to do right now.

The Haze review should be done by the weekend at the latest. 

Around the Network

I'm not doing any boycott right now, but you haven't done much other than state that it's your opinion that it's dumb. That only proves you feel that way. So you looked arrogant for presenting it as not only fact, but us being dumb because you didn't agree with us.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
I'm not doing any boycott right now, but you haven't done much other than state that it's your opinion that it's dumb. That only proves you feel that way. So you looked arrogant for presenting it as not only fact, but us being dumb because you didn't agree with us.

Well, boycotts in general are pretty dumb. Boycotts over non-harmful business decisions are double dumb.

Wii owners want core games from Ubi. Got it. What happens if Ubi provides Wii owners with good games? Does the boycott end or does it continue to be spiteful?

And if it does end, what exactly was the point of it in the first place? That people didn't buy games they didn't want and called it a boycott? I don't buy things I don't want on a daily basis. I guess I must be boycotting 99.99% of the world's products.

Not to mention the fact that Wii owners don't know whether Ubi is working on 15 core games for the Wii or not as I type this. It's a big uproar, leading to a "boycott", all over a bunch of non-announcements.

rocketpig said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

Well, boycotts in general are pretty dumb. Boycotts over non-harmful business decisions are double dumb. (1) 

Wii owners want core games from Ubi. Got it. What happens if Ubi provides Wii owners with good games? Does the boycott end or does it continue to be spiteful? (2)

And if it does end, what exactly was the point of it in the first place? That people didn't buy games they didn't want and called it a boycott? (3)

I don't buy things I don't want on a daily basis. I guess I must be boycotting 99.99% of the world's products.

Not to mention the fact that Wii owners don't know whether Ubi is working on 15 core games for the Wii or not as I type this. (4)

It's a big uproar, leading to a "boycott", all over a bunch of non-announcements. (4)

1. Well if it wastes people's money, they could see it as a kind of harm of a sort. Whatever. 

2. It would end. Any further would be counterproductive. It would make the boycotters look like liars. And brute wouldn't be one of them. Brute just stated it would take more than just one or two games.

3. A proper boycott would be any Ubisoft developed game (which means NMH is fine, since Grasshopper supported the Wii), regardless of system. 

4. Some actually stated they would be fine with Ubisoft as they did that. How does that excuse using one of their key presentation events to show almost nothing but shovelware for the Wii (except for maybe RRR3)?

5. Didn't I just state that it was more than just the lack of announcements? Did you just ignore that part?  Even if you don't agree with the boycott, you can't just pretend there was one reason for the boycott. I stated three, that most of us were upset about.

I don't care if you don't agree with us, but don't twist facts to make our grievances less than they actually are. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Grievances? Oy. Okay, on that note, I'm done with this thread. I no longer find it amusing.

Feel free to continue flailing your arms about and gnashing your teeth over this non-issue. I'll be elsewhere.

i wonder if ubis next couple of games will sell or bomb?