By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ubi tries to bail out

LordTheNightKnight said:
rocketpig said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
I should clarify that if Miyamoto isn't pleased with what he saw at ubiday (where's that photo), then we have a right not to be pleased at the very least.

If it turns out there are good games they still haven't announced, that does not put egg on our faces for being upset. It makes Ubisoft look fooling for showing such shoddy previews, and even allowing the opportunity for people to get upset.

Was the complaining about the PS3 launch undone by the turnaround later on? No. So if ubisoft turns around, that will not mean our complaints now weren't legitimate.

And if it does turn out ubisoft has better games already being made, that still doesn't excuse previews that make the games theat are already making appear to be on the level of shovelware like cruisn' and ninjabread man.

Developers still have a reputation to maintain, and having a reputation for making cheap games, even on one console, just makes it look as though they could be cheap elsewhere.

And I don't mean cheap in the sense of low budget. Those previews show a lot of cutting corners on the level of those shovelware games.

Basically, you want Ubisoft to pull their head out of their ass.

Fair enough, I can understand that sentiment.

Yes. If they pretend an entire audience doesn't exist (traditional gamers with a Wii), then they can pretend other audiences don't exist. They can dump on even HD gamers if they feel like it, because they think casual Wii gamers will just rake in the dough for them.

Epic doesn't pretend the Wii doesn't exist. They are just too small to work on more than one game at a time (they once stated they have just around a hundred or so emplyees; that's why they had to outsource porting the Orange Box to the PS3).

BTW, I think brute meant that just a couple of good games is just throwing a bone to that audience, and is therefore not enough.

Honestly, how many "good games" does Ubisoft make in the first place? 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
rocketpig said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
I should clarify that if Miyamoto isn't pleased with what he saw at ubiday (where's that photo), then we have a right not to be pleased at the very least.

If it turns out there are good games they still haven't announced, that does not put egg on our faces for being upset. It makes Ubisoft look fooling for showing such shoddy previews, and even allowing the opportunity for people to get upset.

Was the complaining about the PS3 launch undone by the turnaround later on? No. So if ubisoft turns around, that will not mean our complaints now weren't legitimate.

And if it does turn out ubisoft has better games already being made, that still doesn't excuse previews that make the games theat are already making appear to be on the level of shovelware like cruisn' and ninjabread man.

Developers still have a reputation to maintain, and having a reputation for making cheap games, even on one console, just makes it look as though they could be cheap elsewhere.

And I don't mean cheap in the sense of low budget. Those previews show a lot of cutting corners on the level of those shovelware games.

Yes. If they pretend an entire audience doesn't exist (traditional gamers with a Wii), then they can pretend other audiences don't exist. They can dump on even HD gamers if they feel like it, because they think casual Wii gamers will just rake in the dough for them.

Epic doesn't pretend the Wii doesn't exist. They are just too small to work on more than one game at a time (they once stated they have just around a hundred or so emplyees; that's why they had to outsource porting the Orange Box to the PS3).

BTW, I think brute meant that just a couple of good games is just throwing a bone to that audience, and is therefore not enough.

so your saying that only one good game will be enough?

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

brute said:
rocketpig said:
brute said:
rocketpig said:
brute said:
rocketpig said:
So if they support the Wii with good games, you'll still boycott them for not putting good games on the Wii?

Have I entered the fucking Twilight Zone here? I'm expecting Rod Serling's narrative to start echoing in my office any second now.

well i wont buy any of theregames until they start to release alot of good games

*bangs head on desk*

I give up.

well if i dont buy theres games thats bycotting them

You're going to boycott a company for not producing good games even if they produce good games.

Did I forget my medication this morning or is this board always this fucking crazy?

well like i said until they release a few good games

and i know your a mod but it doesnt give you the right to call people fucking crazy

You're arbitrarily boycotting a company on speculation and even if they show your reason for boycotting to be false, you're going to continue to boycott them until they reach a mysterious quota that only you seem to know, at which time you will drop your boycott.

I'm sorry but that isn't exactly sane. 

The problem is there are better companies to boycott wii fans, there tons of them out there who havent supported the wii yet, and they can actually make good games. Go after them, Ubisoft sucks guys.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Stop the shovelware.
Then a change of opinion might be in order.

Prediction:
Disney will make KH3 with Nintendo.Yes,KH3 will be a Disney/Nintendo crossover.

Save the industry,Kill a Hardcore gamer

Stopped buying Ubisoft games.Will not buy Red Steel 2.Let them struggle on HD. Click here for a solution:CLICK
ALERT: I have also exposed a UBI'Z'OFT viral marketer in THIS thread.Read my posts, see the set up and watch how everything crumbles on page 8. Please learn from this experience.

Around the Network
rocketpig said:

Personally, I have always thought of Ubisoft as a developer who rushes their projects too often and as a result most of their games are unpolished and fall short of their potential;  if you can get past their lack of polish many of their games are really enjoyable. At the same time, with the exception of a few games, Ubisoft is one of the most generic publishers and this means that most of their games can be ignored in a generation with little loss.

LordTheNightKnight said:
rocketpig said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

I think you are confusing Epic with Valve.

HappySqurriel said:
rocketpig said:

Personally, I have always thought of Ubisoft as a developer who rushes their projects too often and as a result most of their games are unpolished and fall short of their potential; if you can get past their lack of polish many of their games are really enjoyable. At the same time, with the exception of a few games, Ubisoft is one of the most generic publishers and this means that most of their games can be ignored in a generation with little loss.

I don't dislike Ubi's games. I've enjoyed some of the SC series, the RRR games, GRAW, etc. With that said, they put out a lot of crap that I don't even consider buying.

So I guess you could say I boycott half of Ubisoft. 

1 is enough for me, if Ubisoft make a game that I deem worthy of purhase I will buy it.

As of yet the only one I am anywhere near buying is RRR... but as there are other better games of a similar purpose (getting my family to play) such as Mario & Sonic/Boom Blox that I haven't yet bought, well I doubt I will get it.

rocketpig said:
HappySqurriel said:
rocketpig said:

Personally, I have always thought of Ubisoft as a developer who rushes their projects too often and as a result most of their games are unpolished and fall short of their potential; if you can get past their lack of polish many of their games are really enjoyable. At the same time, with the exception of a few games, Ubisoft is one of the most generic publishers and this means that most of their games can be ignored in a generation with little loss.

I don't dislike Ubi's games. I've enjoyed some of the SC series, the RRR games, GRAW, etc. With that said, they put out a lot of crap that I don't even consider buying.

So I guess you could say I boycott half of Ubisoft. 

well ubi is only good for ps3/360 owners not wii owners

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"