brute said:
rocketpig said:
brute said:
^well maybe there not making any big games on wii

I don't know if you realize this but you just created a new kind of protest:

The speculative boycott.

Brilliant.

well it isnt known for sure if theyre making a big wii game

So you admit to boycotting a company over speculation.

well im boycotting all theyre shovelware,since thats all they been releasing lately then im boycotting all of theyre games

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network
brute said:
rocketpig said:
brute said:
rocketpig said:
brute said:

The speculative boycott.

Brilliant.

well im boycotting all theyre shovelware,since thats all they been releasing lately then im boycotting all of theyre games

I'm confused. So you're boycotting games you don't like. Isn't that normally referred to as "not buying something you don't like"?

If not, I'm officially boycotting Shit On a Stick. I will never buy Shit On a Stick. Ever.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

it's their loss if they dont make any good for the wii, there is so much to gain. But remember, its their decision.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
rocketpig said:
brute said:
rocketpig said:
brute said:
rocketpig said:
brute said:

The speculative boycott.

Brilliant.

I'm confused. So you're boycotting games you don't like. Isn't that normally referred to as "not buying something you don't like"?

If not, I'm officially boycotting Shit On a Stick. I will never buy Shit On a Stick. Ever.

actually im not gonna buy any of theyre games,not even if they release red steel 2,and im not even gonna get the RRR with the balance board support

RolStoppable said:
I think we are at a point where we simply can all agree that we'll wait until after E3 before we continue to discuss this.

Well that's not going to work for me. I'm boycotting E3 this year. =P

Around the Network

So if they support the Wii with good games, you'll still boycott them for not putting good games on the Wii?

Have I entered the fucking Twilight Zone here? I'm expecting Rod Serling's narrative to start echoing in my office any second now.

I should clarify that if Miyamoto isn't pleased with what he saw at ubiday (where's that photo), then we have a right not to be pleased at the very least.

If it turns out there are good games they still haven't announced, that does not put egg on our faces for being upset. It makes Ubisoft look fooling for showing such shoddy previews, and even allowing the opportunity for people to get upset.

Was the complaining about the PS3 launch undone by the turnaround later on? No. So if ubisoft turns around, that will not mean our complaints now weren't legitimate.

And if it does turn out ubisoft has better games already being made, that still doesn't excuse previews that make the games theat are already making appear to be on the level of shovelware like cruisn' and ninjabread man.

Developers still have a reputation to maintain, and having a reputation for making cheap games, even on one console, just makes it look as though they could be cheap elsewhere.

And I don't mean cheap in the sense of low budget. Those previews show a lot of cutting corners on the level of those shovelware games.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

rocketpig said:
So if they support the Wii with good games, you'll still boycott them for not putting good games on the Wii?

Have I entered the fucking Twilight Zone here? I'm expecting Rod Serling's narrative to start echoing in my office any second now.

well i wont buy any of theregames until they start to release alot of good games

Wow what a waste of a thread.

I don't know what all this "boycotting" is about myself... so UBIsoft make some bad games (or strictly speaking, some games that don't happen to appeal to you as well as some lazy porting)

Al you have to do is not buy the games you don't want, which you wouldn't have done anyway.
How is boycotting going to make any difference to their game sales? the people who buy the games will buy them anyway (probably unaware of all this).

Unless of course you multiplatform owners are purposefully not buyings PS3/360 games that you otherwise would have it won't make a difference to UBIsoft, and even then it makes more difference to you as you are not getting games that you would enjoy.

---------

I suppose the original problem with them was that they actually tried to appeal to "gamers" early on (one of the few companies that did) but ultimately they didn't do so well, except for RRR. and now all they have announced are "casual" games.
maybe that is why you people are more annoyed with them than other companies, but perhaps you should remember that it's only announced games, it doesn't mean all games for the rest of the generation or even the year... that and wasn't one of them the snowboard thing?, of which has potential tbh.

LordTheNightKnight said:
I should clarify that if Miyamoto isn't pleased with what he saw at ubiday (where's that photo), then we have a right not to be pleased at the very least.

If it turns out there are good games they still haven't announced, that does not put egg on our faces for being upset. It makes Ubisoft look fooling for showing such shoddy previews, and even allowing the opportunity for people to get upset.

Was the complaining about the PS3 launch undone by the turnaround later on? No. So if ubisoft turns around, that will not mean our complaints now weren't legitimate.

And if it does turn out ubisoft has better games already being made, that still doesn't excuse previews that make the games theat are already making appear to be on the level of shovelware like cruisn' and ninjabread man.

Developers still have a reputation to maintain, and having a reputation for making cheap games, even on one console, just makes it look as though they could be cheap elsewhere.

And I don't mean cheap in the sense of low budget. Those previews show a lot of cutting corners on the level of those shovelware games.

Basically, you want Ubisoft to pull their head out of their ass.

Fair enough, I can understand that sentiment.